Trying to save my life from Dallas

Options
I'm 30 and just had my daughter a year ago. I had a very very rough pregnancy and gained so much weight in a year that I now have high blood pressure, diabetes, severe sleep apnea, and ache all over. I need to lose at least 250 pounds and I need help. Of course it's a low carb diet but I need extra motivation as I'm addicted to food!

Replies

• JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I too am addicted to food. But if I can do this you can do it I have lost 52 pounds since March. No gimmicks no surgery no pills just the old fashioned way of watching my carbs portion control and working out. If you'd like to add me please add me my name is Debi
  • TurleyTX
    TurleyTX Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris. Congratulations on taking the first step! It's great that you're here and taking charge of your health. I promise you can do this. I know how hard it is to change habits and how defeating it can feel to look at goals that seem so far from where you are today. I would encourage you to focus on each day as it's own goal and celebrate your successes each day you meet your goals. Keeping your mind on where you want to be a year or more from now makes it so hard to see your successes even when you're doing really well.
    So, what specific changes do you want to make THIS week? Have you set daily calorie or nutrition goals? That might be a good start.
    Also, the Dallas Farmers Market is a great place to explore healthy fruits and veggies and talk to people about how they like to prepare them. You'd be amazed how much progress you can make by simply eating enough raw fruits and veggies. If you make the effort to get those in your body, you won't have as much hunger and space for the less healthy stuff you're used to eating. Try it. You'll be amazed!!
    Most of all though, congratulations on taking action by getting on here. It's a great first step toward a healthier you!
  • chrisallaydiggs
    Options
    Calorie goal is 2300. Thank you. Yes I'm trying to take it one day at a time and go from there. I'm not even sure how it got this bad. Smh but I now have work to do.
  • slashbayouboergoats
    Options
    Please add me. Just have two friends on here and want motivational buddies. I've lost 17 pounds using MFP
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Just one day at a time.
    With each pound lost, your health improves - think of it that way.
    I promise you can do this - we are all in the same boat. We all want to make changes and we all understand the struggle. Take advantage of the community here, it'll help you stay on track and remain positive. Wishing you the best of luck :)
  • jazzkat68
    jazzkat68 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Chris!!! I've been a member here for 2-3 years...fell off the wagon, but now I'm back!!! I need more friends also as I see most of my old friends have kinda fell off as well. MFP is a great motivator! Add me, if you want!! :smile:
  • CMarie39
    CMarie39 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will add you and anyone else
  • chrisallaydiggs
    Options
    Please add me. Just have two friends on here and want motivational buddies. I've lost 17 pounds using MFP

You can add me. My name is Chrisallaydiggs
  • chrisallaydiggs
    Options

You can add me. My name is Chrisallaydiggs

Email chrisallaydiggs@aol.com