Scale won't move

Options
2»

Replies

• gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I didn't realize anyone answered my post as I am so challenged on the computer, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR ADVICE, I feel so great that somebody cares and replied, I was so down wondering what was wrong, and somehow I saw all of your answerss, I feel like such a dunce...I am going in now and try to make my diary available, I didn't know it wasn't...THAK YOU ALL AGAIN...LOVE ANY ADVICE,,,,I sure will try to help anyone I can also.....gandydancer
  • gandydancer
    Options
    I feel for you as well because it is disharteening to try and try and get nowhere...I was able to open my diary but never logged my water or liquids, forgot all about thaat, will do better...gandydancer
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    are you eating back your calories that you burned for exercise?

Why is it that this is always the first issue people bring up? Do we even know she's exercising? Maybe she is using a faulty tool to calculate how many calories she's losing and is eating too much. Maybe the junk food is to blame. Maybe more protein/veggies and better food choices are needed. It's tough to say exactly what's going on since we don't have enough information.

Edit: all the people telling her to eat more have no idea if that is a viable solution. I hate these posts because everyone thinks that they're an expert and just because something worked for them it will work for someone else. Everyone is different!

When you put up post you should be expecting for respones,even if you dont like them.

I was thinking the same thing. She asked for advice and did not seem offended by the responses. I'm not sure why this other poster was so offended by it. Nobody is claiming to be an expert but are instead answering gandydancer's question based on their own experience.
  • Rhian_81
    Rhian_81 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Gandy

I've had a look and I think you're diet looks good. Plenty of fresh food. A bit of junk food but totally in moderation, I wouldn't worry about it.

I notice that you are averaging only around 1000 calories a day. I think your probably undereating and you've hit a plateau with your body holding onto the fat because it doesn't know when it will next be fuelled. Try increasing your calories to around 1400 or 1500, (in goal setting) and consume them all. Its hard to get your head around eating more is the answer to your plateau, but give it a go and I think you'll be surprised.

Your going to hear alot about starvation mode on the MFP forums. Folks get quite passionate about it. This link discusses starvation mode and while theres alot to get through, its worth a read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/220277-starvation-mode-a-myth?hl=starvation+mode+the+myth&page=1#posts-2902653

Copy and paste the above into your browsers address bar.

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to also post this message into the forum post as well, other people may benefit from reading it and we're all here to help :flowerforyou:

Good luck & I cheer you on...
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've stopped weighing because of this! My body is looking leaner and clothes are looser, but I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks. I'm losing about an inch every week or two, but no pounds. I'm lifting weights, though, so the muscle is replacing fat. Don't get discouraged! Pay attention to your body, not the scale! It lies :-)
  • mystiloo
    mystiloo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jagged_01, you probably should up your calories some! I'm not sure how you aren't sleeping all the time!! I would be out...keep up the good work!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    After looking at the diary, my first thoughts were confirmed. Below 1200 calories and no where near enough protein.

You have to give the body fuel to burn or your body will hold onto everything and/or burn muscle. You have to have the calories and protein to burn fat and build lean muscle!

Get in lots of fiber and water too along with some exercise and it will happen!

Good Luck!
  • gandydancer
    Options
    Wow grat news on your inches lost..that is a great feeling..I don't lift weights but do exercise, if you get a minute will you check my food diary? Did better today but way too much food lol