Best exercise?

Options
Need to know what people's opinions on home fitness is. I play on my wii, walk and clean. All burning calories, and have lost 3lb in 4 days, but I need some other stuff, otherwise it is going to be a longggggggggg and boring process, someone help? :smile:

Replies

• EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law lost 4 stone working out at home and walking. She had a rebounder, which is one of those small exercise trampolines. Very cheap, really great workout and very effective. I also like Jillian Michael's workout DVD, the 30 Day Shred which is good although she has lots of others.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Definitely invest in a couple of DVDs, 30 Day shred is great but there are loads out there for variety. Good luck :smile:
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options
    Swimming and biking are fantastic burns!
  • terriann89
    Options
    Thanks! :smile: I think workout videos are my best bet!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The best exercise for YOU is the one that you'll actually DO. For me, it's kickboxing. I love it. I'm probably addicted to it. It's a high-energy release for me. I barely notice that it's 50 minutes long. I get lost in it. :-D
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out 4 yrs ago, I bought The Firm DVD's....I still do them, but now do spinning and Insanity...good luck!
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I hear the Zumba WII is pretty cool. I have done zumba classes but haven't gotten the Wii game yet.
  • andrucifer
    andrucifer Posts: 25
    Options
    Even at home, I would suggest buddying up. If you think you might let someone down by NOT working out, you may be more apt to keep up with it!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Core work is important. Try to hold the plant position. I started by holding for a count of 10 at a time. Now I can hold for 30 seconds. I'm hoping to work up to a 1 minute next and then some day 5 minutes.