After dinner dessert/sweet

Options
Hi all

Just after and tips, after my main meal I crave something sweet to finish off!

Most of the time I'm okay, get straight up, tidy do something but sometimes I really need something.

Any one have any ideas for a low cal pud/dessert?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I usually have a square of dark chocolate or some blueberries with a few dollops of Greek yogurt or just some fruit, etc.
  • Joyjas
    Joyjas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I really love a banana cut up with a little Hershey syrup drizzled on it and a couple of dollops of light whipped cream. It's sweet, I'm actually getting to eat something (vs sucking on amource of hard candy) and it's not totally unhealthy.
  • Joyjas
    Joyjas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Another one that I used to eat all the time was Nutella on a coco pop. Coco pops are round, light, and crunchy and very low calories. Wegmans used to make them in the store. Unfortunately I moved and haven't seen them in the grocery stores here. :(
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Chocolate square 40-50 calories during loss. While maintaining I'm adding Ben and Jerry’s(300 calories).
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Just arrange to have calories available left for anything you want.
    I prefer Chapmans Dutch Chocolate Frozen yogurt... it tastes JUST LIKE chocolate Ice cream and you get ALOT for low calories!
  • newereveryday
    newereveryday Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm also someone who likes to end the day with something sweet and I account for that in the way I consume calories through the day so I have room for it in the end. Since it's also my weakness, I go for something pre-portioned, like an ice cream sandwich or packaged dessert cake, so I can't ruin my day going overboard.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I save calories for a late night snack, so I normally have about 2.5 servings of chocolate chip cookies. You could do Hershey's dark chocolate kisses, they're about 21 calories a piece.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I love having low cal vanilla yogurt, some frozen blueberries and little bit of maple syrup.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I second the dark chocolate. 2 squares of Dove dark chocolate = 84 calories. Very satisfying.
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I eat a light and fit greek yogurt for 80 calories (and 7 grams of sugar) or unsalted rice cakes with sugar free jam or preserves (very few calories...1 cake is 35-40 calories and sugar free jam is 10 for one tbl)...that really takes the craving away and you can get many flavors
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Halo Top ice cream. Whole pint is 240 calories.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I love Yasso Frozen Yogurt on a stick. Several flavors have 80 calories.
  • folgers86
    folgers86 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Can be a sugar bomb, but if you like plain Greek yogurt, add some honey and LOTS of cinnamon. Doesn't taste like cinnamon at all but comes across as sweet. Some people will use spenda instead of honey.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm a Yasso fan too. Or Brookside chocolate pomegranate drops. Or Halo Top (be careful with this one, easy to eat the whole pint).
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Especially on the days when I could use the extra protein (or when I can't quite save enough calories for real ice cream), I put Greek yogurt cups in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love Yasso and Halo Top, as well. Xtreme Wellness makes a 50 cal whole wheat tortilla that I'll fill with PB2 then warm in a skillet and it comes out like a crepe.
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have had an ice cream cone 1/4 cup hagen daz in a flavor with no chunks and a sugar cone adds up to about 165 calories. Also sometimes I have a Nonnis biscotti those are about 100 calories
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love Vita Tops
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    These days I'm buying individually wrapped chocolates - ghirardelli squares or york peppermint patties. These tend to be around 50 calories and it helps it be a definite choice to unwrap something rather than just scoop some flexible portion out of a container. It's easier to find these around this time of year, for Hallowe'en!
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have a Dove Dark Chocolate square every afternoon, so at night I either have a 40 cal fudge pop, and Outshine bar or SF jello with a dollop of RediWhip. On days I have more calories left I treat myself to either ice cream or Talenti Gelato :)