• LindaGilpin59
    LindaGilpin59 Posts: 233 Member
    Awesome sauce
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Way to go! You look great!
  • amandablair90
    amandablair90 Posts: 38 Member
    wow y'all are so awesome, thank you for making me feel great ;___; so much love out here. I love this community.
  • katielynn107
    katielynn107 Posts: 58 Member
    Wow! That's awesome!! How was it starting keto?
  • morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    You look so great!!1 You should be so proud of yourself, your face is glowing, and so much slimmer now!!! Beautiful!
  • amandablair90
    Wow! That's awesome!! How was it starting keto?

I actually began with a Whole 30, but you still experience the 'keto flu' with that too.. it was brutal. I was nauseous and fatigued for about a week or maybe 2. It was very difficult, but once I overcame the flu part, I felt amazing. The way I feel hunger now is...different. Now it's more of a trigger that I *need* nutrition now, as opposed to a constant, nagging feeling. It's even changed the foods I like to eat.

Also thanks, you two, for the response. Greatly appreciated!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Great job!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Great story, thanks for sharing.
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    I came on looking for some inspiration this evening and boy you provided it! You look AMAZING!

Finally did it, woohoo!! I was so excited this morning when I stepped on the scale and saw that number!! Just 6 measly pounds away from onederland :D

SW: 305lbs
    CW: 205lbs
    GW: 160lbs
    height: 5'8

Before

ozzhhf587voo.jpgnuu0c2c33wm0.jpgwmkibnbqj8tq.jpg

Current

y4p6w4ta1m4i.jpg4s2qnlbwrxap.jpg
    nf3se86rg7a7.jpg

How I did it

-My diet switches up constantly between keto, just plain clean eating, I do whole 30s every now and then, and on rare occasions I'll eat something crappy for me, to prevent myself from eating crappy all the time.
    -I tend to ALWAYS avoid gluten, even when I cheat. I try to always avoid sugar but that's one of those things I experience from time to time, sparingly.
    -I haven't begun a solid work out plan, instead I've done things like getting out and going hiking, I'll do circuits at home in my bedroom or even Jillian Michaels videos. I plan on getting to a gym sometime this week to sign up woohoo!!
    -The most important thing? I stopped hating myself because seriously, why would you do something as difficult as weight loss, something that takes so much effort, for someone you don't even like? Don't wait for the weight to come off to love yourself -- you realize how ridiculous that is right? You're amazing, believe it and treat yourself the way you'd treat someone who isn't any less than that. Not to get cheesy on anyone reading this -- but I wholeheartedly stand behind this. I had a hard time sticking to my diet plans and I'd give up because I believed I was just a piece of crap anyways, and now I've had no problems whatsoever religiously following my plan for 9 months so far.

Anyways, thanks for reading guys :)

• cathleenoneillco
    cathleenoneillco Posts: 7 Member
    Great work on yourself! Inspiring!
  • jess427
    jess427 Posts: 36 Member
    Great job! & wow the way you wrote this was inspiring and so true! Thanks for putting your journey out there
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Very inspirational, good job!!!
  • SalvationMountain41
    SalvationMountain41 Posts: 106 Member
    Phenomenal job! I am just at the start of my 100 pound journey, so this is great to read/see.
  • MsLibrarianLCL
    MsLibrarianLCL Posts: 16 Member
    Amazing!! I can't wait to lose my 100. What a huge achievement for you and such wise words. Look at those collar bones, girl!!
  • brookemeixner77
    brookemeixner77 Posts: 2 Member
    Way to go!! Such an inspiration ❤️ keep it up ❤️❤️
  • amandablair90
    Thanks for your responses guys! I haven't even checked in a while. How awesome ❤
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    You look amazing!! Congrats!! :)
  • JPketodiet
    JPketodiet Posts: 6 Member
    You look fantastic! What an inspiration for us all.
  • kimirayray
    kimirayray Posts: 29 Member
    great advice on the loving yourself now - so true. thanks for the inspiration :) congrats!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    You deserve a huge applause! Congratulations! You look fantastic! Thank you for your post :)
  • Michellewintzlo
    Michellewintzlo Posts: 6 Member
    Wonderful job!
  • warriorsdontbitch
    warriorsdontbitch Posts: 130 Member
    Great job. I love your positivity and message
  • rin1130
    rin1130 Posts: 281 Member
    I love your message of self love! We are worthy of love and acceptance no matter our size. I firmly believe that if I had more self love that I wouldn't be so overweight to begin with! And you are beautiful before and after! Congrats!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Well done and well said! :heart: yourself!
  • naija_princess
    naija_princess Posts: 1 Member
    Wow! Speechless! You lost so much in 9months?!!! I'm definitely motivated. Thank you so very much for sharing.
  • amandablair90
    Thanks for the amazingly kind words guys. Your support is beautiful. Also, to answer your question, I've dropped around 60 since January, with the rest of that from the year before.
  • Congrats!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,315 Member
    Whoa girl!!! You look fab. So pretty too. Just wonderful work. You'll definitely get there. I'm 5'9" and hit my goal last October and am currently under gw. You WILL DEFO get there. Keep going Hun!!! YES !!!
  • StephCEM
    StephCEM Posts: 1 Member
    So inspiring! Way to go, you look fabulous
  • Thank you for sharing your story - you are amazing, beautiful and inspiring.
    I am just happy to have finally lost 9 lbs-
    this is giving me the courage I need to do the 80+ more I need to do.
    Thank you!! Nancy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!