Kidney stones?

Options
13»

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I had a kidney stone a month before I got pregnant with my son. 2nd worst pain I've ever felt in my life, and childbirth without so much as an aspirin isn't #1. Had to go to the ER, puked in the waiting room 30 seconds after stumbling through the door, total nightmare. I didn't read much, but just from my own experience, I'd say spend the money, get to a doctor asap and let them deal with it for you. It's just not worth it.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I had a kidney stone a month before I got pregnant with my son. 2nd worst pain I've ever felt in my life, and childbirth without so much as an aspirin isn't #1. Had to go to the ER, puked in the waiting room 30 seconds after stumbling through the door, total nightmare. I didn't read much, but just from my own experience, I'd say spend the money, get to a doctor asap and let them deal with it for you. It's just not worth it.

You obviously didn't read that I already had a doctors appointment and already saw them and it's not just the kidney stone. It had nothing to do with money.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear you are getting treatment and on the road to recovery - those is the medical profession make the worst patients simply because we diagnose ourselves without objectivity.

...and kidney stones - worst pain I've experienced and I've been shot a few times. Woke up with a horrible non specific GI pain and drove into the ER. Ended up passing a 5mm with the help of some Flomax. The treating nurse gave birth naturally and had a kidney stone and made a point to the physician "You see! It flipping hurts!".
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

You obviously didn't read that I already had a doctors appointment and already saw them and it's not just the kidney stone. It had nothing to do with money.

Yes that would be why I wrote "I didn't read much". Also, this is an internet forum, so there's other people on here. I'm not the only person on this post sharing experience that may not apply to you individually, but is related and may be of interest to said other people. o.O
  • elphie754
    Options

Yes that would be why I wrote "I didn't read much". Also, this is an internet forum, so there's other people on here. I'm not the only person on this post sharing experience that may not apply to you individually, but is related and may be of interest to said other people. o.O

Except your post a me across as I was not seeking treatment because of money problems which was rather rude.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options

Except your post a me across as I was not seeking treatment because of money problems which was rather rude.

Why is that rude? I held off going to the ER because we were broke at the time. It's no judgement, it's just a reality people sometimes face. It's a reality I personally face and I don't think it makes me a crappy person because I'm not wealthy. I'm a little disturbed you seem to think that. And I'm glad that not an issue for you, but again, not directly addressed at you, there exist other people here for whom money may well be a concern. Like me. I really think you are taking this very personally when that was A. not the intention, and B. a complete misread of an innocent statement of my own experience.
  • elphie754
    Options

Very specifically implies I am not seeing a doctor due to money.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options

Very specifically implies I am not seeing a doctor due to money.

Ok.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just came back to see how you are, glad you got a diagnosis but sorry to hear it wasn't a simple one. Hope you and your baby are OK.