Keto and death metal

Options
jil13
jil13 Posts: 7 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Frying Angus meat in butter.
Melting cheese on top of chicken.
Bacon. Lots and lots of bacon.
Late night spoonfuls of chunky peanut butter.

what is this *kitten*? Ketogenics, you're so hardcore.

I've been unhappy with my body for a few years now. Like to the point of where I just accepted that I will be overweight my whole life and I can just eat whatever I want because that's how it will be. terrible....

I came across Keto from Reddit and dove right in. I did my math, perfected my macros and got to work. I cannot believe that within two weeks, I've lost 10 lbs and how much energy I have. But how is it possible that I am able to eat creamy and fattening things without gaining weight?

Control, willpower, and lots of counting and under 25g of carbs a day.

I am a 28 year old female from the home of the cheese-steaks looking for like minded people who are interested to share this keto (or non keto)journey together.

Best of luck to all of you out there- congrats on taking the first step into getting yourself healthy!

Replies

• theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm on an ultra low carb program too. Except I'm taking the easy way out. A friend of mine is a fitness coach for Take Shape for Life and they promote Medifast products. I'm on my third week. It does the same thing, get you near ketosis to burn the fat. It's also very calorie restrictive. Love bacon too, but I'm sticking to lean proteins.

• CountryBoyJD
    CountryBoyJD Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't know what keto is... but I do love metal! ;)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Can't promise death metal, but there are lots of keto folks, and low carbers and slow carbers (real) on the low carb daily forum.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

the keto groups are pretty popular too.

I'm not low carb, but do eat slow carb aka low glycemic impact. have for eons.

good luck.
  • jil13
    Options

Do some research! If you like steak and eggs...:)

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    jil13 wrote: »

And leafy green vegetables.
  • russb_
    russb_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    \m/ \m/
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The "how" of it is easy. Protein and carbs have 4 calories per gram. Protein costs 40% of the energy in protein for you to digest the protein. Protein delivers to your blood 2.4 calories per gram, while carbs deliver to your blood 4 calories per gram. Your belly doesn't care about the cost of digesting protein. It just likes the feeling of being full. By keeping carbs ultra low, you force your body to pay the protein tax on almost all the energy you consume. You find yourself satiated with much more food than you imagine necessary, while sneakily being in a real calorie deficit that causes you to lose weight.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    only in here because of the title. I like the black metal bit - but the keto part is out for me \m/ \m/
  • jil13
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    only in here because of the title. I like the black metal bit - but the keto part is out for me \m/ \m/

Can we still be friends?
  • jil13
    Options
    jil13 wrote: »

And leafy green vegetables.

This is true.. can't leave that out.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    sure :) I'm not a diet-choice snob. I hardly even read people's diaries TBH! The only time I've deleted people was when they were too ED for my liking and it disturbed me (another reason why I no longer look at diaries very often!)

Be forewarned that I make enormous longwinded posts and i swear a lot. but my friends seem to enjoy it so yeah :)
  • Jenellabella42
    Jenellabella42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 11 of my keto journey and looking for keto friends!