How to loose arm fat????

Options
I feel like my arms are always a problem area. I can almost always fit into a medium women's shirt unless the sleeves are restrictive. What are your go to tips and tricks to slim down the arms?

I'm currently doing 1-3 p90x videos per week. So far I've lost 3.5 inches off my waist. And 13 lbs down from when I started. I feel like my arms aren't changing. CW 132, GW 125 (ish), I just to be back in shape/ have some definition.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Continue eating in a deficit and the weight will come off from all over.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I did P90X3 doing 6 workouts per week, eating a net 1200 to 1300 calories per day over 90 days. I lost 30 lbs and my arms were rocking by the end of the program. If you aren't doing the pushups on your toes, start...even if it's just a few to start out. I could barely do 1 push up on my toes when i started. By the end, I could do 10+ sets of 18. Also, keep working on increasing the weights you use.

Since I finished P90X3, I started doing Body Pump classes 2x per week, and my arms have great definition without being big or bulky. I get compliments all the time. I also do 1 to 2 more days of weight lifting but mainly focus on my legs, glutes, and core and I run a lot.

Keep at it...you'll get there! :smile:
  • DerrickCooper78
    Options
    100% you can't spot reduce. Try to focus workouts that have more of a focus on the arms to tone the muscle. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn and it will give you a more toned look.
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    Tighten it first :)
  • mrsherrm
    mrsherrm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    I havent actually lost much in terms of arm size - but my arm SHAPE has COMPLETELY changed. From round blob to what you see in the picture. Same circumference.

What are you recommended workouts? Maybe I'm just not doing enough specific arm routines. I've been mainly focusing on my core because I had three babies in 5 years and never worked on it in between pregnancies.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    mrsherrm wrote: »
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    I havent actually lost much in terms of arm size - but my arm SHAPE has COMPLETELY changed. From round blob to what you see in the picture. Same circumference.

What are you recommended workouts? Maybe I'm just not doing enough specific arm routines. I've been mainly focusing on my core because I had three babies in 5 years and never worked on it in between pregnancies.

I've been doing arm workouts from YouTube using Dumbbells. I started out very weak using 1kg dumbbells and now on to 2kg. I can certainly see definition in my arms and my muscles are looking good. Obviously I'm hoping to increase the weight in dumbbells but don't want to rush it.
  • fr33sia12
    edited September 2016
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce. Continue eating in a deficit and the weight will come off from all over.

I disagree with this. I've been working out now for about 3 months doing strength training concentrating on certain areas like arms and waist and have definitely slimmed down in those areas and see some shape and definition in them.

Just to add it's not all due to just weight loss either as some weeks I didn't lose any but clothes fit better.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,141 Member
    Options
    Surgery.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You aren't gaining muscle lifting 1 kg and 2 kg weights though
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    You aren't gaining muscle lifting 1 kg and 2 kg weights though

No of course not but I can now see them and I'm building my strength to lift heavier weights. Just to note I've never done this kind of thing in my life before so am a complete beginner.
  • singingflutelady
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You lost fat from dietinf that's why you can see them :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    patience plus weight lifting. :)
  • fr33sia12
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You lost fat from sitting that's why you can see them :)

Not sure what you mean by losing fat from "sitting" though.

Again I disagree as before when I lost weight I did no exercise except walking lost more weight than what I am now and my arms didn't look this good. But thanks for the encouragement @singingflutelady but luckily I'm not discouraged and will continue doing what I'm doing.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »

I disagree with this. I've been working out now for about 3 months doing strength training concentrating on certain areas like arms and waist and have definitely slimmed down in those areas and see some shape and definition in them.

Just to add it's not all due to just weight loss either as some weeks I didn't lose any but clothes fit better.

You will see muscle definition with strength training as muscles get larger and the fat covering them is reduced due to an overall decrease in body fat percentage. Working your arms by picking up heavy things and putting them back down doesn't make fat leave that area; fat doesn't somehow get magically turned into muscle. It just doesn't work that way.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    You lost fat from sitting that's why you can see them :)

Not sure what you mean by losing fat from "sitting" though.

Again I disagree as before when I lost weight I did no exercise except walking lost more weight than what I am now and my arms didn't look this good. But thanks for the encouragement @singingflutelady but luckily I'm not discouraged and will continue doing what I'm doing.

Oops dieting not sittinf
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »

You will see muscle definition with strength training as muscles get larger and the fat covering them is reduced due to an overall decrease in body fat percentage. Working your arms by picking up heavy things and putting them back down doesn't make fat leave that area; fat doesn't somehow get magically turned into muscle. It just doesn't work that way.

She isn't picking up heavy things though lol
  • FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The spot reduction is a myth, to loose arm fat, you need to loose your whole body fat!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »

She isn't picking up heavy things though lol

The poster I was quoting says she is and disagrees that you can't spot reduce. That's who I was addressing.