Does this miracle weight loss drink work?

Options
bmejvo2sauxi.jpeg

I've been seeing this on Pinterest and I wonder if it works? Has anyone tried it?

Replies

• shancourcy16
    shancourcy16 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Drinking a cup of sugar will not help you lose fat.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have heard that for years. I would have to research a little more but I thought apple cider is a slight cleanser. I use to drink it in my water, but couldn't say it did anything besides make me pee more :P
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a "miracle weight loss" drink. The closest thing you'll get to something like that is a tea brewed from herbs that act like a natural diuretic, but that weight loss would be water weight, not fat.

As an added warning to the grapefruit part, if you're taking medications, you shouldn't be drinking it as grapefruit juice increases how long a medicine works on your body before it's ultimately metabolized.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    When something seems too good to be true...it pretty much is. Anything that advertises "magical" or "miracle" something or other is bunk...c'mon now...mirracles? really?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Good god that sounds disgusting.

Ask yourself this: If weight loss were this easy, that you could just make a drink and lose weight, do you think anyone would be fat?

Teaching point: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    It's a diuretic, bad for your teeth, and grapefruit nullifies the benefits many prescription medications as a side note. I'm hoping this post was made in jest but if not, just no :lol:
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Good god that sounds disgusting.

Ask yourself this: If weight loss were this easy, that you could just make a drink and lose weight, do you think anyone would be fat?

Teaching point: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I think it was Cher, who said:
    "If it came out of a bottle, we would all have great bodies."
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    How would something that adds calories to your diet make you lose weight? The miracle of going for a daily jog can help a lot though.
  • Sugarmuse
    Sugarmuse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I used to see it with lemon juice, seems they are trying to make it more palatable with grapefruit juice instead. Besides not working, I think that might kill my stomach but then it tolerates less than it used to.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Thebanswer is always no there is nothing that magically causes wright loss, or no one would be over weight.

Drinking lots of water can help you feel more full and eat less but thats about it for a miracle drink.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    With the grapefruit juice, it reacts with so many medications, which makes this drink even more NOPE.

Don't believe instagram/tumblr/bloggers bs.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope. Stop looking for a quick fix. Eat at a calorie deficit and try and get some movement in - magic potions are just nonsense.
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I guess I should mention that I DON'T DRINK THIS! Based on y'alls responses y'all think I do. I don't need a lecture. This is a discussion board, right? I was just curious since I've seen it pop up on Pinterest countless times.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Miracle Drink: One tall glass of water with [insert anything non calorific here], before breakfast. Only thing is, it has to be drunk after a 30 min walk. For the rest of the day eat as you normally would. ;)

ETA: OP, not lecturing just making fun of miracle cures.