Does this miracle weight loss drink work?

Options
2»

Replies

• bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I used to try drinking cider vinegar diluted in apple juice as a natural pain reliever for gallstone attacks (side note: it didn't work) and so all I can see this doing to "help" you lose weight is make you so nauseous before your meals, you don't eat as much.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    "Miracle" anything is a lie. >:)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    I guess I should mention that I DON'T DRINK THIS! Based on y'alls responses y'all think I do. I don't need a lecture. This is a discussion board, right? I was just curious since I've seen it pop up on Pinterest countless times.

You asked if it works - people said No, often with some explanation of why not - how is that giving a lecture???

Yes it is a discussion board - and people are discussing the question.

Although it doesnt really need much discussion - simple answer: No it wont

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I guess I should mention that I DON'T DRINK THIS! Based on y'alls responses y'all think I do. I don't need a lecture. This is a discussion board, right? I was just curious since I've seen it pop up on Pinterest countless times.

I don't think you're getting lectures, this is a forum. You asked a question, and everyone gave you their opinions. Most opinions are that anything with the word "miracle" is just garbage. Do the work, put in the time, work your butt off, get results. Just like everyone else. xo (Just my two cents, not lecturing!)
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    That "recipe" makes no sense. How can you mix all those liquids and get a "paste"?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    evesmom2 wrote: »
    That "recipe" makes no sense. How can you mix all those liquids and get a "paste"?

That's a REALLY good point...

and once it is a paste, how do you drink it??
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Common sense tells me that adding a 140 calorie beverage before each and every meal may very well have the opposite intended effect.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    This is what you asked: "I've been seeing this on Pinterest and I wonder if it works?"

And you got mad because you apparently got the answer you didn't want to hear.

Okay lol
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    This is what you asked: "I've been seeing this on Pinterest and I wonder if it works?"

And you got mad because you apparently got the answer you didn't want to hear.

Okay lol

But... I'm not mad lol
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Stop getting weight loss advice from Pinterest.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Unless it makes you eat less at the following meal, less than you normally would, and less than the calories of the drink.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    It's a diuretic, bad for your teeth, and grapefruit nullifies the benefits many prescription medications as a side note. I'm hoping this post was made in jest but if not, just no :lol:

Actually grapefruit juice makes most prescription drugs more potent, which is the big danger of drinking it.

https://www.drugs.com/article/grapefruit-drug-interactions.html

"Grapefruit juice decreases the activity of the cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) enzymes that are responsible for breaking down many drugs and toxins. Grapefruit contains compounds known as furanocoumarins that block the CYP3A4 enzymes. When grapefruit juice is consumed, the enzyme’s ability to break down the drug for elimination is decreased. Blood levels of the drug may rise, resulting in the risk for new or worsened side effects. "