Three MFPers Converged at a Starbucks... Who have you met?

Options

Replies

• edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    None in person or phone. I'll talk on phone .
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I met one. He's freakin' awesome. I won't mention him because I respect his privacy.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I don't do this stuff. I attended meetup.com and yelp.com events and won myself a lot of stalkers.

Did this back in my OKC and MySpace days.

Interesting how different some people are in person compared to online. I mean, most good but some...not so much.

• _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I don't do this stuff. I attended meetup.com and yelp.com events and won myself a lot of stalkers.

Interesting how different some people are in person compared to online. I mean, most good but some...not so much.

Uh oh. Well I guess we shouldn't meet for sushi then. :lol:
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    Options
    I've met three of my mfp friends so far...Dani, Matt and Chris... all of which are no longer on here, or at least not actively, but they were/are basically the *kitten*!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Haven't met in person any, but there are a few that would be super fun

boy howdy!
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    Met one a few years ago is all
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Haven't met a single one, I guess everyone else in Seattle is already super fit
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I have met a lot...but mostly from a distance... while they weren't aware of it.

bushman.jpg

• Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

The boisterous online ones are so quiet and aloof when they show up.

It is a good case of character study.

Very few match the same personality. Also people look completely different in real.

I feel you on this. I have met a fair number of people from online over the years I've been doing it. Been 15 years or so now, averaging 2-5 people a year, give or take. I have a pretty solid vetting process. Diana and I had been friends for almost the entirety of my time on MFP... which is like 4.5 years now, and I've only just met her. The others I'd met sooner.

Personally, I am who I am, both online and off. One thing I learned over those years is that the biggest disappointment is meeting someone who was a certain way when you were getting to know them, but then they aren't that person in real life. Same with pictures. I'm really open about my social anxiety issues, and when online dating, I'm also really open about being tall and fat so that there isn't any surprise about it lol but there are a lot of people who can't be honest...

And those people... those are the people that find out very quickly that I don't play around with dishonesty.

I mean, I think it's cool to meet new people like this but I never did understand people who will go on like, Tinder, have a swipe match and meet that night. Like, what? How do you even decide they are worth putting on your shoes?
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I have met a lot...but mostly from a distance... while they weren't aware of it.

bushman.jpg

Takes talent for her not to notice you in her bush.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    Options

i thought i saw you behind those bushes the other day...
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Nobody. Anyone live in Grand Rapids? I feel like all my MFP friends live at least 500 miles away. And I will not walk 500 miles.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    Options

i thought i saw you behind those bushes the other day...

Damn... I guess I'll have to get deeper into the bush next time.

always a wise idea
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    @benmullins4 check this out..met my husband to be <3
  • benmullins4
    benmullins4 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    The wifey to be @dannijordan30