NEED HELP AND TIPS!

Farhana1107
Farhana1107 Posts: 8 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi!
I am new in MFP.Recently joined it. I need to lose 31 pounds to get on my healthy weight ranges. I have been struggling the whole year to lose the pounds and also managed to lose 15 pounds but in the last two months I've gained all it back because I do a lot of stress eating. It's pretty miserable! All my efforts have ended in smoke.But now I want to start it all over again.I'm going to stick to a 1200 calories diet plan and walk 30 minutes.mod space everyday. Will this work? I have heard that after losing the first few kilos it becomes harder to lose the last pounds. According to the Healthy diet regime, woman shouldn't consume less than 1200 calories a day. So,that means I won't be able to cut down more calories and I can't increase my exercise time more because of my job demand. So,my question is, will I be able to meet my goal following the same diet and exercise routine? I don't like other exercises than walking.
P.S: I am currently 151 pounds.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Hi!
    I am new in MFP.Recently joined it. I need to lose 31 pounds to get on my healthy weight ranges. I have been struggling the whole year to lose the pounds and also managed to lose 15 pounds but in the last two months I've gained all it back because I do a lot of stress eating. It's pretty miserable! All my efforts have ended in smoke.But now I want to start it all over again.I'm going to stick to a 1200 calories diet plan and walk 30 minutes.mod space everyday. Will this work? I have heard that after losing the first few kilos it becomes harder to lose the last pounds. According to the Healthy diet regime, woman shouldn't consume less than 1200 calories a day. So,that means I won't be able to cut down more calories and I can't increase my exercise time more because of my job demand. So,my question is, will I be able to meet my goal following the same diet and exercise routine? I don't like other exercises than walking.
    P.S: I am currently 151 pounds.

So you may benefit from reading these stickies. But in general, you need to find a way to get into a calorie deficit. I would recommend a food scale to improve accuracy and logging daily for consistency. Those are the two biggest issues people tend to run into.

As for workout, you would need to determine what your goals are long term. Do you just want to be skinny or fit. Either way, I would consider adding some resistance training, even if it's a body resistance routine. This will aid with your efforts to burn calories and help with retraining muscle.

I would also recommend aiming for 100-120g of protein a day, as this will help with satiety and support muscle retention.
  • somegirlsdo
    somegirlsdo Posts: 37 Member
    Yes, you will lose weight on a 1200-1400 calories/day diet with 30 minutes a day of moderate exercise. That's a very sensible plan, especially if you focus on getting sufficient protein (aim for at least 70g/day, but ideally as many grams as your ideal weight in pounds) and eating a variety of healthy fruits, vegetables and other fresh foods as the majority of your diet. Good Luck and Welcome to MFP!
  • Farhana1107
    Thanks for the motivation. :-) But one question I would like to ask, how to determine the amount of protein per day according to my weight in pound? Can I meet the protein goal eating one egg everyday?
    Thanks in advance :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Thanks for the motivation. :-) But one question I would like to ask, how to determine the amount of protein per day according to my weight in pound? Can I meet the protein goal eating one egg everyday?
    Thanks in advance :)

While losing weight protein should be around .8 to 1g per lb of lean body mass. Which works out to around .6 to .8g per lb of weight.

You would need a lot of eggs to get you close. There are tons of protein sources; meat, fish, quinoa, lentils, sietan, soy, legumes etc..
  • Farhana1107
    Thanks. I will try definitely try to include these protein sources in my regular diet.
  • somegirlsdo
    somegirlsdo Posts: 37 Member
    Protein is your friend: It is very satiating, so you feel fuller with less calories. For reference, one egg has about 6 grams of protein, so you'd need to eat a dozen or more in a day if you were relying on them as your sole source of protein.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    If you have trouble with getting enough protein my favorite go-to is a shake with protein powder and unsweetened almond milk. I get vanilla protein powder because I can mix it with just about any flavor easily. You can add fruit, peanut butter, dark chocolate etc, anything that fits within your calories and macro ranges. I like peanut butter and chocolate shakes the most :)