Binge Eating

Options
Hi, I have been a binge eater all my life. I am 30 now. Couple years ago I finally got the motivation and lost 50lbs. Last year I lost my 9 year old son and the binge is back even worse then it was. I've gained pretty much everything back. So I'm starting back up. I get married in Oct and I'm alittle late but better later then never. Looking for friends for motivation and people that suffer from binge eating that can relate.

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your son, of course the grief and stress could trigger that old habit. Most people turn to food when they suffer a loss or go through stress. I am not a binge eater… so I can't offer advice. I hope more respond to you and offer you some insight. I just know since you kicked the habit before, you will again. You have it inside of you do that. I wish you well.
  • tanksleyalicia
    tanksleyalicia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! I have not had a loss like you but I am a binge eater. I started to diet 2 days ago and it's the hardest thing I've done. I'm used to drinking 8 sodas a day and going through multiple bags of chips but I am determined to lose weight. I find when I am DYING to binge on anything I grab veggies like carrot sticks and eat those. I have a constant feeling like I'm starving but I've learned it's about portion control. With the way I ate for almost 16 years it's the hardest thing I've ever done. The only thing that I can see that I am lucky about it is that I had a really fast metabolism when I was younger so thankfully I only need to lose 15-20 lbs
  • greena
    greena Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Please be easy on yourself - and give yourself tons of encouragement and credit as you work on controlling your binge eating for your health and future. I am a binge eater, I will eat very controlled and healthy and then something - I'm not always sure what - will trigger an episode. I am working now on making sure I get right back to healthy eating the next day - instead of a week later! My advice is, first and foremost, weigh, measure and track everything you eat; don't EVER eat standing up (unless you've set aside a few healthy veggies to eat while you cook dinner); drink plenty of water, especially before meals; and concentrate on how great you feel when you're in control of your eating. Try not to have any trigger foods in the house. Maybe start a jar and put money into it whenever you do something right, and then treat yourself to a pedicure, etc. Best of luck to you.
  • mollyannmfp
    mollyannmfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a binge eater I can eat large amount of food in short time can be anything bread and butter cheese choclste if you want to add me maby we can help each other