31pounds to lose in five months, 19-21 yrs girls

Hello! I have joined MFP seven days ago. I need to lose 31-32 pounds.My target is to lose it within the next five months. I will follow 1200 calories diet.Anyone of 19-21 yrs old girls out there like to join me? Any good advices regarding diet and exercise will be appreciated.

Replies

• kristenmeleniak
    kristenmeleniak Posts: 46 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you are right now lol I just turned 23 though but close enough haha
  • lexy592
    lexy592 Posts: 1 Member
    Same here! I'm 20 y/o and looking to lose 25-30 pounds in about 4-5 months. I read an article on a girl our age who lost 30 pounds in 4 months by eating a healthy 1300 cals a day with no exercise. However, I do plan on exercising for a more toned look, but it's great to know that it's possible either way! I plan to do cardio 3x a week and really want to focus on toning up my arms and stomach(my problem spots)
  • Farhana1107
    Farhana1107 Posts: 8 Member
    Wow,that's quite inspiring. I will not only follow the 1200 calories diet but also stick to a routine of walking 30 min mod.pace everyday. After reaching to my goal weight I will start working to tone my body.Anyways, BOL! :-)
  • louise7138
    louise7138 Posts: 41 Member
    edited September 2016
    Am on the same boat am 21 I got four operations so I gained weight when recovering I have started this app 30 days ago it's great losing loads of weight down a stone add me if you like
  • unnichaacko
    unnichaacko Posts: 116 Member
    I also want to lose about 12-15 pounds in five/six months time. Joined MFP just a few minutes back. I plan to eat around 1400-1500 calories six days a week and 2400 calories on one of the weekends. I also am working out six times a week. Started eating clean from August 9th except there was a week long vacation where I ate whatever I wanted. ^_^
    Oh, also I have been working out since 16th July. I am adding you guys as a support team then.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited September 2016
    just so you ladies know the less weight you have to lose the slower it will be and anything under 50lbs should be set to .5-1lb a week(1 lb being the higher ranges) too high of a deficit runs the risk of losing lean muscle mass. but good luck everyone
  • Wow,that's quite inspiring. I will not only follow the 1200 calories diet but also stick to a routine of walking 30 min mod.pace everyday. After reaching to my goal weight I will start working to tone my body.Anyways, BOL! :-)

lift now while losing weight,it will help preserve the lean muscle mass you have already and your body will change while losing.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    just so you ladies know the less weight you have to lose the slower it will be and anything under 50lbs should be set to .5-1lb a week(1 lb being the higher ranges) too high of a deficit runs the risk of losing lean muscle mass. but good luck everyone
    Agreed 100%. Rapid weight loss is a sure way to crash and burn... and think of what it will do for your hair, skin and nails....and bathroom visits.
    Wow,that's quite inspiring. I will not only follow the 1200 calories diet but also stick to a routine of walking 30 min mod.pace everyday. After reaching to my goal weight I will start working to tone my body.Anyways, BOL! :-)

lift now while losing weight,it will help preserve the lean muscle mass you have already and your body will change while losing.
    Yep! Absolutely.
  • just so you ladies know the less weight you have to lose the slower it will be and anything under 50lbs should be set to .5-1lb a week(1 lb being the higher ranges) too high of a deficit runs the risk of losing lean muscle mass. but good luck everyone
    Agreed 100%. Rapid weight loss is a sure way to crash and burn... and think of what it will do for your hair, skin and nails....and bathroom visits.

Yep! Absolutely.

I absolutely agree with the above. Start out small and then depending on how you're doing, modified it from there. We all go into dieting thinking we can do a 1200 calories diet but once we start logging every single thing consumed, we come to find out it just spells diaster. I recommend a minimum of 1400 to 1500 with exercise. It's so much harder than what it seems but with commitment and determination, you can do it.