Cerial Suggestions?

Options
So struggling at breakfast been eating nutrigrain and wheatbix (no wheatbix anymore as it gives me servere acid reflux) and i cant stand the texture of oats.
Are their any cerials that are actually good for you? Or other breakfast options that dont involve cooking (living with the inlaws currently)
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I am not very hungry in the morning and usually just eat whole grain bread with cheese (usually melt the cheese in the microwave).

There are many good cereals out there - you might try some of the Kashi brand.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Do the inlays not have a kitchen? why does living with them mean no cooking?

You can eat anything for breakfast, what do you like

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you want from your cereal. I look for low sugar higher fiber. For protein I prefer to add my own; usually Greek Yogurt.

I like shredded wheat (one ingredient), Cheerios, Corn Flakes, muesli, and Holy Crap.

https://holycrap.com
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean because of the protein.
  • GothamVeggie
    GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I really love Uncle Sam cereal. 10 grams of fiber, 9 grams of protein and less than 1 gram of sugar per serving unlike most of the high fiber/protein cereals out there. Tastes delicious too!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Trader joes pumpkin o's
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Do the inlays not have a kitchen? why does living with them mean no cooking?

You can eat anything for breakfast, what do you like

Cos some in-laws can be *kitten* about others using their kitchen.

Cos she might end up having to do bacon (or other) for everyone every morning not just herself. Dishes, time.

Maybe there's high traffic in the kitchen every morning.

Maybe they've offered to support while saving money and OP doesn't want to seem high needs/extravagant/fussy or usurp-ish or judgey and is somewhat beholden to their tastes.

Maybe she hates their kitchen. Maybe cats sit on the benches.
  • ShaniceOrrMartin
    ShaniceOrrMartin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just going to ignore the rude ones. Cant help auto correct in a rush. Really starting to not like asking questions on this forum. );
    Thanks for those with positive answers though very helpful. Are any of you from australia?
    Not sure if ive heard of some of those brands before.
  • ShaniceOrrMartin
    Options
    And yes weve just bought a house so saving money and dont want to be a burden on their lives.
  • GothamVeggie
    GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ah, nope. I'm from the US. Kashi is also from the US. Since I can't help you with cereal, here are from other options for a no cook breakfast: Avocado toast. Parfaits made with cereal, yogurt & fruit. Peanut butter & fruit on toast. A good nutrition bar high in protein/low in sugar + cheese. Overnight oats. Things to make once & enjoy the rest of the week: Baked oatmeal, healthy muffins like quinoa breakfast cups, healthy bars like quinoa granola bars, quiche, egg muffins (think eggs cooked with yummy ingredients) or quinoa breakfast bowls (make quinoa w milk or almond/coconut milk ahead of time & then add in delicious ingredients ahead of time or in the morning).
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Shezzbot wrote: »
    And yes weve just bought a house so saving money and dont want to be a burden on their lives.

I lived with my in-laws when I first married at 23. Aussie :)
  • ShaniceOrrMartin
    Options

I lived with my in-laws when I first married at 23. Aussie :)

Its great not paying rent and house payments at the same time whilst waiting for them to build it (:

And thanks gotham some good ones in there.
    I forgot about breakfast muffins hava
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Please spell correctly.

i never thought id finally meet a perfect person.

scarasm.
  • allyssabebe
    allyssabebe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love plain whole wheat Cherrios with fresh fruit and vanilla soy milk! The best!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I love Blueberry cluster Kashi cereal with skim milk. I also love greek yogurt with fruit
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I enjoy plain Cheerios. I also enjoy Raisin Bran but sometimes that is a little calorie dense depending on how many cals you have available for breakfast.
  • Parkersspace
    Parkersspace Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When i low carb for my health and fitness I miss cereal terribly and get sick of eggs everything and having to cook everything, so I make this one. Super Cereal It's so healthy and easy to pour in the morning. I have it with unsweetened almond/coconut milk and you can use a few drops of liquid stevia to sweeten it. I only sometimes use sweetener as I get so used to low carb I find the coconut makes it sweet enough (even though it's unsweetened coconut), but others find the raw cacao nibs bitter and like it sweetened. I tend to order all the ingredients on amazon and I make up a big batch (2 ounces by weight of each 5 ingreadients) fill a large plastic jug and I weigh out 50 grams for my breakfast. I usually have closer to 2 ounces of berries (blueberries or strawberries or blackberries) on it instead of 1 and I really like it. The flavour and texture grew on me when I needed something quick and easy while I teach skiing all winter for the early mornings. I don't eat the amount it says as a serving, I find the 50 grams (about 1/3 of what the recipe says is a serving) at 258 calories http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/173344510921773 is about the same as a regular bowl of cereal and lots to carry me till lunch. With only 13 carbs, 9 fiber and 9 protein on that serving, it's lots to hold me till lunch, and the healthy fats in it (coconut is the sat fat) gives me a source of nutrition I don't get elsewhere.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I don't find cereal to be filling enough for breakfast (personally), but I do love All Bran flakes with a little bit of almond milk as a snack. I just buy the plain flakes in bulk and then top them with whatever I like instead of paying for the more expensive boxed cereals.