5'5" 42 years old. 95 pounds down (Size 3x to size 6/7)

Options
2»

Replies

• dahliagrower11
    dahliagrower11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow - awesome work!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Amazing work! Please share how you did it. I'm especially interested in how you lost the last 20 lbs or so and whether you changed your calorie goal much. Your arms look awesome in your profile pic so you must be lifting, right?
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    Woo Hoo! Amazing work! Please share how you did it. I'm especially interested in how you lost the last 20 lbs or so and whether you changed your calorie goal much. Your arms look awesome in your profile pic so you must be lifting, right?

At first it was 100% diet. I didn't exercise at all while in a caloric deficit. The last 20 pounds was done eating maintenance calories and exercise, primarily weight training. It was SLOW... The first 80 took a year. The last 20 took about 8 months. I'd like to lose about 20 more (or get down to 20% body fat) but I know that will take a while. I'm really concentrating on building muscle. I even joined a body building group/ forum (Lee Haywards Inner Circle - totally worth the $150 per year). Thanks for your encouragement!
  • fit_caligal
    fit_caligal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You look incredible!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's crazy awesome-you look amazing!!! What an inspiration you are-thanks for sharing!!! :)
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    beyond proud of you; and am inspired! Thank you! GREAT JOB!!
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    Options
    I'm pretty overwhelmed with all your encouragement and support. I know many have lost way more, and made much more progress. I'm still working on it, every single day.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    That's super!!
  • blackchick46
    blackchick46 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wow ,what was your calorie intake ?
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    Options
    wow ,what was your calorie intake ?

Right now my calorie intake is 1398 calories. When I was 250 pounds, I have no idea what it was..but when I started losing, it was 1850 for a long time. That seems high, but I was trying not to destroy my metabolism. I used my fitness pal and found out how many calories to lose 1 pound a week. Due to exercise, I lost more than that. Right now I'm losing about a pound a month, but I'm eating maintenance calories and just lifting weights. I hope that helps :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!