Where do you park?

Options
How long will will you drive around looking for a parking spot before parking way out?

Be a loser. Park in the back of the lot.

http://www.businessoflosingweight.com/losingweight/parking-for-losers/

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Living in FL its the shady area no matter how far.
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just started doing this. I realized I was driving around looking for a closer space to the gym!! How silly. Now I deliberately park at the end of the row. Every extra step helps.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Even with a solar roof Prius I like a shady spot! And I think people who drive around in circles for a space are nuts!
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I usually park in the handicapped spaces unless someone w/o a permit is there. I can't walk very much more than that.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    depends. If im by myself and its late i park close and if i have my kids with me i park in the middle. however if i have my DH with me we park out far cause i want the extra walking and he wants to park as far away from other cars as possible cause he wants to minimize door dings.

yea its a bit complicated.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I park far away everywhere (unless it's raining) mostly because I don't want anyone to hit my car ... omg I'm turning into my mother.
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    I park far away from the store to get in some extra steps. I've been doing this for a long time.
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    I always park in the furthest spot I can, particularly if I'm grocery shopping and even in the rain and snow.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I use to wait for a few minutes for the closest one but now I just find the first one I come to whether its close or far away.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    i park in the closest spot possible to my apartment because my license plate and hood ornament have been stolen and i feel the need to keep an eye on my car.

buuut i balance it out by walking everywhere on campus and back and forth to work and only driving to stores that are more than a 2 mile round trip away.
  • Cartel
    Cartel Posts: 40
    Options
    In the first spot I see regardless of where it is.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I almost exclusively park in the "New/Expectant Parents" parking spaces despite not falling into either category.
    -wtk
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    in the day i park anywhere, if its nice i park close , under a light if i can, and neighborhood matters too. I am more concerned with saftey then getting an extra couple yard walk
  • bcatgray
    bcatgray Posts: 41
    Options
    depends. If im by myself and its late i park close and if i have my kids with me i park in the middle. however if i have my DH with me we park out far cause i want the extra walking and he wants to park as far away from other cars as possible cause he wants to minimize door dings.

yea its a bit complicated.

You have the same formula of parking as I do. :happy:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I usually pick the first spot I see, don't really care how far it is.
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I guess I meant under normal circumstances. :) My wife just reminded me that wrangling our 18 month old in and out and then carrying him means she always looks for the closest spot.
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I almost exclusively park in the "New/Expectant Parents" parking spaces despite not falling into either category.
    -wtk

My wife would probably give you an ear full for that. That's almost as bad as taking a handicap spot if you aren't.
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    i park as far out as i can, im going to work out, i didnt get fat by walking to much, , the y here has handicapped spaces that can be used by anyone after 12 , it makes me mad to see people using them that could stand to walk more, it also kind of pisses me to see people taking the elevator to use the indoor track, your going to walk take the stairs
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    -wtk
    My wife would probably give you an ear full for that. That's almost as bad as taking a handicap spot if you aren't.

Except one is illegal and can lead to towing and the other is against a fictional "rule."
    -wtk
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    -wtk
    Oh, how I wish I could magically make you one or the other!!! Karma, dude...karma!!