Myprotein Impact Whey Isolate

Has anyone tried Myprotein whey isolate? If so, what flavor do you recommend? Thinking about ordering some... Thanks!

Replies

• fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Plain and strawberry fan here, but sadly, I had to stop and move to Skyr, as my stomach couldn't handle the whey any more.
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Chocolate, Banana or strawberry are all pretty good. mix well with milk or water. I recommend having them with almond milk (less carbs and gives a nice taste)
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    ^^less carbs than normal milk I meant....
  • courtcassiefit
    courtcassiefit Posts: 76 Member
    I have the chocolate stevia flavor and loooove it! Not a fan of the cookies and cream.
    I agree with having them with almond milk, so good. Tastes like a milkshake!
  • Pow377
    Pow377 Posts: 73 Member
    My favourite out of a few I tried is the cinnamon Danish flavour.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Impact Whey Isolate Toffee is pretty good.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Rocky Road was good.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    was considering asking the same question because just as i was about to order from there someone told me they'd changed their formula and the stuff was now 'gross'.

i know how subjective 'gross' is and it was a second-hand comment so i couldn't grill the actual complainant, but the labdoor rating really appeals to me. so i'm curious to know what long-term users think.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    was considering asking the same question because just as i was about to order from there someone told me they'd changed their formula and the stuff was now 'gross'.

i know how subjective 'gross' is and it was a second-hand comment so i couldn't grill the actual complainant, but the labdoor rating really appeals to me. so i'm curious to know what long-term users think.

I haven't use their isolate in a while, but I'm currently a daily user of the Impact Whey (Cinnamon Roll) and Impact Whey Blend (Chocolate). Both taste great.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    I bought 22# of the stuff in Stevia Chocolate based on reviews I read. Still waiting for the delivery and haven't tasted it yet but hoping that it's as good as others say it is.
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    I literally purchased the Chocolate Mint flavour last week and it is lovely! It up's my protein and keeps me full for a lot longer in the morning. I've also purchased the Golden Syrup protein pancakes but am yet to make them.
  • canadianlbs
    i have a related question suddenly . . . i'm in canada and using the canadian site, but the 11lb pouch brought on a warning about canadian customs restrictions and how going more than "90 days' supply" might get my order delayed or completely rejected.

is there anyone canadian who has experienced this and can tell me what the deal is? anyone know what the pouch-size threshold is?
  • heartnsoulfit
    heartnsoulfit Posts: 32 Member
    Is this only available in Canada? What is the product? It sound like great flavor.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Go for unflavoured, always deals and you can get great prices on 5kg bags. Get flavdrops also from MP - they are cheap and really are a life hack - come in all sorts of flavours, gives variety so you're not stuck with one flavour that you potentially don't like, and they are calorie, fat, protein and carb free.
    Flavdrops are the greatest.

I would NOT recommend apple custard

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    I bought a bag of vanilla recently and the flavor is decidedly meh. If I bought solely on flavor though I'd have stuck with Trutein. I like that I know what I'm eating though, so I'll probably order more MyProtein when I'm finished with this bag.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Go for unflavoured, always deals and you can get great prices on 5kg bags. Get flavdrops also from MP - they are cheap and really are a life hack - come in all sorts of flavours, gives variety so you're not stuck with one flavour that you potentially don't like, and they are calorie, fat, protein and carb free.

This sounds like great advice.
  • canadianlbs
    I bought a bag of vanilla recently and the flavor is decidedly meh.

thanks for this; i'm vanilla-only and can't always find reviews about it. do you mind explaining what kind of meh? not strong enough, too strong, too sweet, not sweet enough, just-plain-strange, other? i've only just started investigating isolate and idk if it was just the brand but it seemed to be kind of thin and almost bitter to me by comparison with non-isolate wheys.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited October 2016
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I bought 22# of the stuff in Stevia Chocolate based on reviews I read. Still waiting for the delivery and haven't tasted it yet but hoping that it's as good as others say it is.

Just got the 22#of Stevia Chocolate Whey Protein and tried a scoop w/water. It tasted ok and will probably taste better w/the soy milk, whole egg, and banana that I usually add to my morning protein shake.

1 scoop has 100 cals and only 19 grams of protein per scoop which is less than the 130 cals and 27 grams of protein per scoop that I'm getting w/the Cyrosport Muscle Milk whey I'm using now. So, I will have to make some adjustments to get the same protein amount in my shake when I start using the 22# of MyProtein.