Strange comments from others after weight loss!?

Options
paigeg150
paigeg150 Posts: 27 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone received strange comments from coworkers, friends, family after losing weight?
It's great that your successes are being noticed but at least once a week I encounter the strangest comments (meant to be compliments). :-)
I'm not offended but wonder if anyone else gets any chuckle worthy comments?!?
Ex: "wow, you look so much taller now!" - man on senior leadership team at the company coffee station.

Replies

• playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Got a guy at work state my boobs looked more like oranges than melons. Was so gobsmake he could come out with such a statement ( luckily knew him well enough not to go running up to human resources moaning about it as some of the girls here would). Still not sure if it was a compliment of my before or after figure though.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options

What is wrong with complaining about inappropriate sexual comments at work? :huh:[/quote]
    Nothing at all but I work in engineering. We have a couple of delicate girls that run off complaining about the most trivial of things. Eg one was bragging about her forthcoming holiday and how she was buying new swimwear at weekend. Guy piped up bet you look awesome in a bikini. Then she complains about it. She was one bought up the swimwear topic.
    Guy who made boobserved comment is usually quiet type which was probably why it was so unexpected.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My six year old occasionally tells me I look like I'm disappearing (which is funny because I've been maintaining within the same 5 lb range for about five months now). Of course, she's six. The adults in my life? Some compliments, but no really "odd" comments. Maybe I just hang out with people with good filters....
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My landlord said my SO must feel like he's with a new woman. I was like or he loved me unconditionally?
  • emstamand
    emstamand Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I went to a concert last weekend and the woman checking my ID said that I lost a lot of weight in my face.... Even though I hadn't lost that much since the picture was taken.