NSV - "Skinny Jeans" (after 21 years)

Options
Elleinnz
Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
OK - So I had hoped that this would be my "Lost 100 pounds" post - but like we all know the Scale does not play to our timelines, so instead we will celebrate some NSV's

Over the weekend I did a huge clean out of my closet, and there is now a humungous (sp?) pile of fat clothes lying on my lounge floor waiting to be sorted and taken to Dress for Success (work clothes), and Auckland City Mission (Casual Clothes)....

On my way through my closets I found two pairs of jeans that has been travelling around the world with me - they have not actually been worn since about 1990 - as I could not fit into them - yes - for the past 21 years I have been dragging clothes I could not wear around with me as a reminder that I could be skinny(ish) again ;-)

Everyone that knows me will tell you that they have never seen me in a dress - for some people that is true - for others they might have - a very long time ago. I can not recal buying, or wearing a dress in the past 10 years at least....

This past week was my friends birthday, and she threw a very fancy bash to celebrate, so I thought I would step up to the occasion and went dress shopping!! Quite a few of the people at the party had not seen me since I had started on my journey, and I can tell you "jaws dropped" - I got so many wonderful compliments - people kept on coming back to me just to tell me one more time how stunning I looked...... Can't wait until I have lost the last 20 kg's to see people's reactions then :-)

So here we go - to set the scene - number one is me in January this year in South Africa - I had already lost 20 kg's at this stage, and thought I looked great - now I look at it and see a fat girl ....

5921055647_90b3b2804d.jpg
7 January 2011 by .donelle, on Flickr

This is a pair of jeans I have not been able to wear since 1990 - yes 21 years ago!!

5921585560_389024ea35.jpg
10 July 2010 by .donelle, on Flickr

And my new "Party Dress" - can't believe it - me in a dress, stockings and heels!!

5921020635_28d8e8558e.jpg
10 July 2010 by .donelle, on Flickr

Sorry if it all sounds so very indulgent - but it is a fantastic feeling - some of you have already had these moments - and for some of you they will hopefully come soon.

Replies

• altitudedistract
    Options
    You look gorgeous in that dress! Thanks for posting these pics and giving us some more inspiration :)
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    No need to be sorry...you should be very proud of yourself and your success! You look great!!
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That dress is lovely and suits you so much - you look great :)
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Wow, fantastic! You look like a different person! Well done - from another Kiwi.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the fact that your skinny jeans look a little baggy, too. Congrats to you!
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    really inspiring! u know what i have the dress i wore on my college farewell, and ill keep it with me just to remind myself tht i have to fit into this.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your skinny jeans look baggy on you!! Can't wait for this much success in my own life!!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I too have skinny jeans tucked away, I can't wait for the moment to try them on and have them be baggy like yours are!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You inspire me everyday. Love these pictures! You are beautiful in your new dress and heels!
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I, too, have a pair of jeans that I would like to fit into again. Thank you for sharing your story! You have given me encouragement in my own endeavors!

Mainey
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh! Your hair looks AWESOME:)
  • chiyuu
    chiyuu Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow! Congrats :)
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    You're incredible.....and I'm not just saying that because you're my pal :P You look awesome!!!
  • richiedbond
    Options
    WOW your transformation is awesome. Great job
  • Natp274
    Natp274 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    THAT is so amazing! and very inspiring, not indulgent at all! Your friends are correct, you look fantastic. Yet the skinny jeans look a bit baggy on you, you may need to go skinny jean shopping as well! Thanks for sharing :) I hope to post something like you have, in a few months time... wish me luck! :wink:
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!