I have been here for 3 weeks..........

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
As of yesterday I have been here for 3 weeks. I know that isn't long but if you know my history with dieting and exercising it is not good. Here is my story: I have been overweight since I was in middle school and right on into high school and into my adult life. I weighed about 215 when I married my hubby in April of 2003, then in September of 2004 I got pregnant with my daughter Anna, and I gained like 50 or 60 pounds during my pregnancy, I didn't even try to lose any weight after I gave birth to her. In October of 2006 I got pregnant with my son Jacob, I only gained 18 pounds with that pregnancy. I lost like 20 pounds after he was born but got discouraged and gained it all back, and maybe some more. I have tried diet pills when I was like 20, but all they did for me was make my heart race and make me jittery and the weight I lost with them I gained back once I went off of the pills. I have tried like 4 or 5 times to lose weight by counting fat grams, but each time I lost weight and then I would quit and gain it all back. I got on the scales on December 31, 2008 and I was the heaviest I had ever been in my whole entire life at 292, I made up my mind right then and there that I was not going to be 300 pounds and I no longer want to be 200 pounds. A friend of mine told me about this site and I thought I would give it a try, I thought to myself I have tried counting fat grams and now I would try to count calories. A lot has changed for me, my determination has changed, I am determined to get it off and keep it off. I have never been so motivated in all of my life, my first goal was to weigh 185 pounds but I have changed it to 136 pounds, I can do it and I will do it. I want my hubby to see me below 200 pounds which he never has but in pictures, but that is not my only reason for doing this, I am doing it for myself, I want to watch my kids grow up and I want to live not die at an early age. I am doing it for my kids, I don't want them to look at me and think that being overweight is okay.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    As of yesterday I have been here for 3 weeks. I know that isn't long but if you know my history with dieting and exercising it is not good. Here is my story: I have been overweight since I was in middle school and right on into high school and into my adult life. I weighed about 215 when I married my hubby in April of 2003, then in September of 2004 I got pregnant with my daughter Anna, and I gained like 50 or 60 pounds during my pregnancy, I didn't even try to lose any weight after I gave birth to her. In October of 2006 I got pregnant with my son Jacob, I only gained 18 pounds with that pregnancy. I lost like 20 pounds after he was born but got discouraged and gained it all back, and maybe some more. I have tried diet pills when I was like 20, but all they did for me was make my heart race and make me jittery and the weight I lost with them I gained back once I went off of the pills. I have tried like 4 or 5 times to lose weight by counting fat grams, but each time I lost weight and then I would quit and gain it all back. I got on the scales on December 31, 2008 and I was the heaviest I had ever been in my whole entire life at 292, I made up my mind right then and there that I was not going to be 300 pounds and I no longer want to be 200 pounds. A friend of mine told me about this site and I thought I would give it a try, I thought to myself I have tried counting fat grams and now I would try to count calories. A lot has changed for me, my determination has changed, I am determined to get it off and keep it off. I have never been so motivated in all of my life, my first goal was to weigh 185 pounds but I have changed it to 136 pounds, I can do it and I will do it. I want my hubby to see me below 200 pounds which he never has but in pictures, but that is not my only reason for doing this, I am doing it for myself, I want to watch my kids grow up and I want to live not die at an early age. I am doing it for my kids, I don't want them to look at me and think that being overweight is okay.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Breathe...
    I have been here 9 months and have only lost 10 lbs.
    A lot is due to my own dedication issues.

Relax, don't think of this as a diet so much.
    Also, don't overwhelm yourself with HUGE goals.
    I want to lose 50+ lbs but seeing the ticker there showing that...intimidated me.
    So, I broke my goal up into sections.

You can do this. It didn't happen over night... so it won't come off that way either.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job! 14 lbs in just 3 weeks. WOWZERS!! You can do it. You have such a great attitude about it and obviously you are staying motivated. Keep it up!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Breathe...
    I have been here 9 months and have only lost 10 lbs.
    A lot is due to my own dedication issues.

Relax, don't think of this as a diet so much.
    Also, don't overwhelm yourself with HUGE goals.
    I want to lose 50+ lbs but seeing the ticker there showing that...intimidated me.
    So, I broke my goal up into sections.

You can do this. It didn't happen over night... so it won't come off that way either.

I don't really think of it as a diet but more of a huge lifestyle change and the huge goals don't bother me, I do know that the weight won't come off overnight, it certainly didn't take overnight to gain it all. :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • flois
    flois Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi there and thanks for being an inspiration to me. Thanks too for your welcome on my newbie post.

I have plenty to lose and find this a really safe please to come. I've never been able to join a club in the real world but this is the perfect environment.

So tell me what's your secret?! What one thing have you cut back on or changed in order to lose the 14 lbs so far?

Lovely to meet you
    I must get round to completeing my profile. Off to do that now.

Flo
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    You have great goals and are meeting them at a very good pace.

Congrats on the 14 lb lose. Keep with it.
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    girl, we are here for you!

you're taking a big step...coming here and confessing to people the things that you do in your personal life with your body and food is kind of scary, but good...you're reaching out to people in the right place and have found a group of people that have gone through similar (but never exactly the same) things...

but dont be easy on yourself! fight with every breath you have to get through the hard times...if you realize you're gaining muscle sometimes faster than losing the fat, you're mentally in the right place, even though it can get discouraging....

just a query: do you weigh in every day? i actually suggest you don't! when i did that in the beginning of my weight-loss journey, it actually hindered me because i fluctuated so much from day to day, then i would binge eat out of depression and ended up hating myself even more...after i set the scale aside for six days, then started weighing myself again, i was able to focus on the bigger picture instead of the desire for IMMEDIATE results....

anyhow, you're doing so well already! 14 pounds is awesome, but i think you can lose another 14!

i have faith in you! please have faith in yourself!

let me know if i can help! i'm always here for you....:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You have great goals and are meeting them at a very good pace.

Congrats on the 14 lb lose. Keep with it.

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    14 lbs in three weeks is AMAZING.
    I've done six in one right now, buttt I have a feeling something is wrong with that, like it's just not right.

You can do it, keep up the good work :)

I started on here with 200 lbs. My goal is to lose 70. I wanna be around the 130 mark also!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hi there and thanks for being an inspiration to me. Thanks too for your welcome on my newbie post.

I have plenty to lose and find this a really safe please to come. I've never been able to join a club in the real world but this is the perfect environment.

So tell me what's your secret?! What one thing have you cut back on or changed in order to lose the 14 lbs so far?

Lovely to meet you
    I must get round to completeing my profile. Off to do that now.

Flo

Hi, you are so welcome for the welcome. I used to eat fast food everyday, I love cheeseburgers and I haven't had one now for 3 weeks and 3 days, that is awesome for me, I went to mcdonalds last week and I got a classic grilled chicken sandwich, so yay for me, I never would have done that before entering this website, I would got a double quarter pounder with cheese. I don't drink anything but water, seeing as how I don't want to drink my calories.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    girl, we are here for you!

you're taking a big step...coming here and confessing to people the things that you do in your personal life with your body and food is kind of scary, but good...you're reaching out to people in the right place and have found a group of people that have gone through similar (but never exactly the same) things...

but dont be easy on yourself! fight with every breath you have to get through the hard times...if you realize you're gaining muscle sometimes faster than losing the fat, you're mentally in the right place, even though it can get discouraging....

just a query: do you weigh in every day? i actually suggest you don't! when i did that in the beginning of my weight-loss journey, it actually hindered me because i fluctuated so much from day to day, then i would binge eat out of depression and ended up hating myself even more...after i set the scale aside for six days, then started weighing myself again, i was able to focus on the bigger picture instead of the desire for IMMEDIATE results....

anyhow, you're doing so well already! 14 pounds is awesome, but i think you can lose another 14!

i have faith in you! please have faith in yourself!

let me know if i can help! i'm always here for you....:flowerforyou:

that is what I love about this site, everyone is so supportive and I need that. I not easy on myself when it comes to exercise, I work my butt off (it would be nice if I could actually do that, LOL) when I am exercising. Yes, I weigh everyday but I don't let it get me down, I know that weight fluxiates, so I don't beat myself up when I see it go up, but I have been thinking about weighing only once a week. I have faith in myself that I can do it. Thanks, I am here for you too. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making such a wonderful, life changing decision! There are many people here who have lost a significant amount of weight (100+++...not that losing 10 or 20 isn't significant) and are very inspirational to the rest of us. Keep an eye out for them! Check out tamtastic if you see a post from her. She's amazing! This site has amazing people on it who have been where you have been, have experienced the ups and downs, and who will be there to relate and support you. Please keep coming back for advice, support, and laughter from everyone here! Once you've been doing this for a while (counting calories) it will be like second nature. Keep your chin up and just keep putting one foot in front of the other! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Congratulations on making such a wonderful, life changing decision! There are many people here who have lost a significant amount of weight (100+++...not that losing 10 or 20 isn't significant) and are very inspirational to the rest of us. Keep an eye out for them! Check out tamtastic if you see a post from her. She's amazing! This site has amazing people on it who have been where you have been, have experienced the ups and downs, and who will be there to relate and support you. Please keep coming back for advice, support, and laughter from everyone here! Once you've been doing this for a while (counting calories) it will be like second nature. Keep your chin up and just keep putting one foot in front of the other! :flowerforyou:

I have met TamTastic, she is on my friends list and is such a huge inspiration to me. I am here to stay I am not going anywhere. I want to meet my goal and I know that I can do it. Thanks for encouraging me, I love this site and that is why, I need the encouragement.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    14 lbs in three weeks is AMAZING.
    I've done six in one right now, buttt I have a feeling something is wrong with that, like it's just not right.

You can do it, keep up the good work :)

I started on here with 200 lbs. My goal is to lose 70. I wanna be around the 130 mark also!

you can do this, if I can anyone can. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for posting you story! Mine is much like yours but no children. Pills, they kept me waifish for five years and once I went off, on came the weight and then some.I think Flo was on the money because you welcome everyone, I was thinking you had it pre-set to welcome:laugh: :laugh: But it made me feel good and it's nice to have a happy note from someone. so here's a crystal light to you:drinker:

You're doing great. Is hubby eating better too?I don't know if it's fortunately or unfortunately, but me and my bf are doing it together, although I'm logging all his food :frown: But whatever it takes, message me anytime!
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You are doing AWESOME!!!!
    14 lbs in 3 weeks is great. When I started my journey, I was averaging 10lbs a month for the first 7 to 8 months then it slowed quite a bit the closer I got to my goal. It took me one year to lose 90lbs and reach my goal.
    Remember- slow and steady wins the race.
    Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hey, thanks for posting you story! Mine is much like yours but no children. Pills, they kept me waifish for five years and once I went off, on came the weight and then some.I think Flo was on the money because you welcome everyone, I was thinking you had it pre-set to welcome:laugh: :laugh: But it made me feel good and it's nice to have a happy note from someone. so here's a crystal light to you:drinker:

You're doing great. Is hubby eating better too?I don't know if it's fortunately or unfortunately, but me and my bf are doing it together, although I'm logging all his food :frown: But whatever it takes, message me anytime!

thanks, I just thought my story might help someone and that is what I am here for, no I personally send everyone a welcome. :laugh: yeah, my hubby is eating healthy too, but he is not overweight, he never has been, that kind of makes me mad, lol. :grumble:
  • cwalbrj
    cwalbrj Posts: 61
    Options
    SGFlyingHI - you look amazing ! Congrats on your huge weight loss ! Laura, you are awesome, and I know you are going to be successful. 14lbs in 3 weeks must be so encouraging. I have been on for three weeks also (and this is my third time here). I have lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks and I'm so thrilled ! We all look forward to being with you through your journey and watching your amazing transformation..:drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You are doing AWESOME!!!!
    14 lbs in 3 weeks is great. When I started my journey, I was averaging 10lbs a month for the first 7 to 8 months then it slowed quite a bit the closer I got to my goal. It took me one year to lose 90lbs and reach my goal.
    Remember- slow and steady wins the race.
    Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

thanks so much. yes slow and steady wins the race, I am not rushing things because it didn't take overnight to get it on and I know that it won't take overnight to get it off.
  • JolandaW
    JolandaW Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    14lbs in three weeks, WELL DONE!! :flowerforyou: I take my inspiration from people like you so thank you for sharing your story.

I've started almost two weeks ago, I haven't weighed in but I am already starting to notice little differences, I simply feel great! Losing weight is never easy but like you, I keep reminding myself that I didn't gain it all overnight so it will take a while to lose it too. But we will get there in the end :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!