I wonder about this,
    the divorced hangout has 1page.
    The married chit chat, 66 pages.
    Hmmmmmm :|
    I can hear the jokes now............
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Been married 7 years ... It's been spiraling out of control for a while but the last couple of months have been bad. Last week I found out he has been lying to me about some serious issues. He Walked out on me 2 weeks ago.
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    Been married 7 years ... It's been spiraling out of control for a while but the last couple of months have been bad. Last week I found out he has been lying to me about some serious issues. He Walked out on me 2 weeks ago.

I'm so sorry.
    Regardless of what goes bad in a marriage it is always a terribly painful thing to go through.
    Wishing the best for you. :)
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry. My marriage dissolved a week ago too. It's so difficult but I'll happily trade rants, vents and insults if you need someone to listen!
  • amcalmond768
    Options

I'm so sorry. My marriage dissolved a week ago too. It's so difficult but I'll happily trade rants, vents and insults if you need someone to listen!

Anytime girl!!! PM me whatever you want
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    maeld51 wrote: »
    I wonder about this,

Those of us who are divorced and still single hang out in the singles hangout. Only 621 pages there
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    I wonder about this,

Those of us who are divorced and still single hang out in the singles hangout. Only 621 pages there

Ohhhhhh, thanks :p
  • Domino_75
    Domino_75 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'll go ahead and throw myself into this. I'm really hoping to be able to get divorced soon. After 26 years it's time to call it quits. My kids deserve better.
  • amcalmond768
    Options
    Domino_75 wrote: »
    I'll go ahead and throw myself into this. I'm really hoping to be able to get divorced soon. After 26 years it's time to call it quits. My kids deserve better.

Amen! Sometimes staying for them is the worst thing!
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    As a friend once said, "at least you got your starter marriage out of the way."

Married my first girlfriend. Found out she started a 4 month affair shortly after we were married. Completely blindsided. That's life, what can you do but pick yourself back up from there.
  • amcalmond768
    Options
    Drawoc wrote: »

Married my first girlfriend. Found out she started a 4 month affair shortly after we were married. Completely blindsided. That's life, what can you do but pick yourself back up from there.

Wow that's terrible! I like your positive attitude! I need to find some of that!
  • Habiteer
    Options

Wow that's terrible! I like your positive attitude! I need to find some of that!

I just went back and read the thread again. Stay strong amcalmond, I'm rooting for ya! Whatever happens, never let someone else let you down. You're in control of your life, that's the only one you have, not anyone else - not even the people closest to you.

Same goes for all you other survivors that are going through tough times, be strong.
  • amcalmond768
    Options

I'm so sorry.
    Regardless of what goes bad in a marriage it is always a terribly painful thing to go through.
    Wishing the best for you. :)

Thanks so much. I think I am more angry then hurt!
  • amcalmond768
    Options

I just went back and read the thread again. Stay strong amcalmond, I'm rooting for ya! Whatever happens, never let someone else let you down. You're in control of your life, that's the only one you have, not anyone else - not even the people closest to you.

Same goes for all you other survivors that are going through tough times, be strong.

Yeah there is no giving in this time. Somethings you just can't recover from. This will make me much stronger in the end!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I'm in. First time I was very young (21) and obviously stupid, married for 2 years to a control freak. Counseling made it clear to cut and run.

Second was the rebound guy from the first round, married him after a long test drive, should have walked out the door instead of down the aisle because he had substance abuse and honesty issues, so I tell folks I was just stupid that time (since 30 was no longer young)

Third time I picked wisely, but sadly he turned out to be the stupid one. After a six year roller coaster dating ride, I married him and we were married for 18 years. . . and then he had a mid life crisis affair and left me and his daughter for the girlfriend.

So I've been happily single for 4 years, and hang out in the Singles Hangout thread.

To all of you going through this for whatever number of times, hang in there, it does get better with time.
  • Habiteer
    Options
    @Drawoc I'm a firm believer in kids would rather be from a broken home than in one. Finally pulled the trigger on my divorce close to 5 years now. It was hard at first but all 3 of my kids are thriving now. Worth it!

Definitely, I agree, glad to hear things are going well! :) Sounds like it was a hard choice, but the correct one.

Congrats on the weight loss as well! Not everyone can do that. That is awesome :smiley: