Very underweight but huge thighs?

Options

Replies

• vminhopester
    vminhopester Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Okay well thanks to those of you who tried to help.

I'm another one who thinks those thighs look not only normal but attractive. Are we that bad for liking your thighs?

No, of course not. I guess it's just not what I wanted to hear.
    OP how old are you?

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I think your thighs look great!

Can you post a picture of what they look like when you're not sitting/lying down? I think that's part of your problem here. Everyone's thighs look larger when they're not standing up.

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Your thighs are not large, they are squished. I agree that it appears you have an eating disorder and body dismorphia and that you need help.

I wish you all the best in the world.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Even people with nicely built legs have that kind of flattening out.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I agree they look fine.

Don't forget, although you might think other people's thighs look smaller, you don't view their legs from that angle.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies.
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    You are about 7 lbs underweight for your height.
    Your thighs look slender to me. My thighs are 18" around and look about like that sitting. They are not huge thighs.
    Possibly you do not see your body accurately. Have you taken measurements? Why do you think it is all fat on your inner thighs?
    People of similar height and weight can have different thigh measurements. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/643554/womens-average-thigh-and-calf-size-whats-yours/p1
    I think the issue is mental not physical.

Unfortunately I don't have tape on me to make measurements but I know it's fat because if I lift my leg up, each thigh is half the size it is in the picture.

I'm wondering if I have not taken the best photo because I have honestly never seen anyone of my size with thighs like that...

That is what thigh muscle looks like when a person is sitting vs lifting their leg or standing. It is not an indication of fat.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Your thighs are not fat. Not a professional here.. but you may be overly obsessed with weightless. Being so young.. it is a slippery slope where you could end up with an eating disorder.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    They are thigh shaped!

Of you're fretting about lack of thigh gap, then we're not all built that way. Even as a skinny teen who walked everywhere, I never had one.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Everyone's thighs do that when they sit down. Other people don't notice it like you do. Relax and look at yourself in a mirror standing up. That's how people see you. When you are sitting they will mostly notice your face, eyes, and smile. You don't have big thighs, BTW.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Those thighs are not huge, even lying flat
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    your thighs are tiny especially considering you are sitting down which flattens them out... are you male or female?

I have very muscular thighs and they still look "huge" when I sit flat like that.

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Those are flowers I think. But thanks for the giggle.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong, they look like that when sitting.
  • wookiepants
    wookiepants Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I wish my thighs were that small...I'll trade you. :3
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I wish mine looked like that!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    This is called body dismorphic disorder.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Nope thighs are fine. Your thinking isn't. Seek professional help.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Seek professional help <3