Looking for more motivation.

Options
I've been on MyFitnessPal for some time now but I'm still struggling, like I think most of us are. Why is it so hard to say no to chocolate

Replies

• PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Why is it so hard to say no to chocolate

Because of the sugar and fat and the attractive wrappers. Some people can eat chocolate in moderation. More power to them. I can't -- for me, it's like smoking cigarettes. Give me one and I would be a smoker again.

I find if I add avocado and almonds to my diet that it ends my cravings for sweets like chocolate.

• setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Find something to replace it. I went low carbs and I found some cheesecake desserts I can do. I add some protein powder and voila I have a filling sweet treat that doesn't hurt me lol. The key for me though was I had to get some small mason jars to put them in. Portion control at its best.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Yep chocolate is one of my loves.
    Don't fight it just try and limit how much of it you eat
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Try 85% cacao dark chocolate. It's very satisfying. I have ONE square every night after dinner. I started with individually wrapped squares and it was easier to eat just one. Then my store stopped caring them. Now I break a square off a bar, but I can handle that now without wanting to eat the whole bar.
  • Crystal_Can
    Crystal_Can Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Because chocolate gets you "high".....;-)

I have a very hard time with sweets too.