Looking for Mom Friends in the 40-50ish range

Options
124»

Replies

• louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Krista2470 wrote: »
    Hello all, going to be 46 (tomorrow) I have 2 girls 18 and 13. I've been trying to change my eating habits since Feb of this year and have lost 30 lbs, to date. I would like to lose another 30 plus to get to a healthy weight. It is a constant struggle to eat healthy and I would love to have some MFP friends to help keep me motivated.

Happy Birthday!
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're in good company. I'm 42, with one daughter. Starting to add people after years on MFP :-)
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I am not 40 yet but will be in 6 months. If that's ok you can add me. I have four kids 15, 8, 4 and 3. I had my first at 23 but the rest was after I turned 30. With each one I packed on the weight and because of post partum and medication I just kept piling it on. I started my journey this year because I have been obese since I was 24 and morbidly obese since I had my second child. Just 5 more pounds I will just be over weight.

Just like my mom and grand mothers I am starting menopause early. By the time they were my age they were completely through it and my little sister started before I did. The early menopause is especially hard on me seeing all the ways my body is changing. It's sad I have more acne now than I did as a teenager. The mood swings scare me I can be happy one moment and then get so angry I scare myself over stupid things. Then I start crying like a little baby. Lol if a man went through this they would be something to ease it up ages ago.
  • Erbs_n_spice_I_am_nice
    Options
    You might not need more friends, but I'm 42 have 4 kids 6-18 and a hubby. Trying to find time for me and not neglect anything else is difficult.
    Elle
  • ashrymom
    ashrymom Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the umpteenth time. No weight lost over the past two years, but I've made changes to the way I eat (fresh foods) and I exercise a lot more. I just need to put it all together CONSISTENTLY. Please add me. The only problem is, I don't know how having friends works on here
    I'll be 46 in January. Two kids 13 and 15.
  • godsglory1
    godsglory1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and would love to be connected with others to help motivate each other. I need to a group that is active and committed any newbies want to join me as we figure this out?
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Here! 47 and currently pregnant with my 6th child.
  • hbleick
    hbleick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Southern California, age 47 and fly (flight attendant) part-time for fun these days! 4 kids, 1 husband, 4 dogs and 2 horses too. Those stubborn 25 pounds will not leave my body and I'm frustrated...
  • schrodercathy
    schrodercathy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm fifty, live in Australia, have five children ranging from 17 years to 29. I would love to make friends in this age group for encouragement.
  • worklogue
    worklogue Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm 43 ----> 3 kids ages 23,16 and 11. Live in north Georgia.
    Would love some female friends to motivate and encourage who are in or about same age range.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    47 here, married, 3 kids, 6 grand kids! Lost 120lbs so far, hit my goal about 4 months ago and have been maintaining and in recomp mode. It's definitely tougher at this age, but I figured if I don't do it now, it's going to only get tougher later. I am active daily, feel free to add me if you want.
  • deedles28
    deedles28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I would love some support too. I work ft, have a hubby and 3 very active kids (9 yrs and 6 yr. twins) that leaves me very little 'me' time to exercise and eat right. However, I know I need to get back on track.

As for health issues, I had issues with my blood pressure about a year or so ago. I also have a bad knee (2 meniscus tears, arthritis, cyst and other fun stuff) from playing many years of volleyball that prohibits certain exercises, but am trying to ease myself in slowly. I'm hoping that if I lose some weight, the knee will get better, as well as the high bp.

I have 'visited' this site in the past, but never really became involved until a week ago and am feeling pretty strong (willpower) right now. I had a good first week, stuck to my goals and lost 8.4 lbs. And yes, I know this is water weight, but I'll take whatever I can get. I could really use some friends for added accountability and support.

Please feel free to add me if you so choose.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You can definitely add me. I am 44, trying to lose 100 lbs (after several starts and stops. I lost 80 lbs on here a few years ago but fell off the wagon and gained about 25 back again). I have 3 kids, 21, 18 and 7 who I am trying to motivate to be healthier and more active (and not like the mom they've watched since they were born- the lazy one). I have open diaries, and if you motivate me I'll motivate you!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    42. Mom here. Incoming. 12 year old and 19 year old. Need to lose 100.