Looking for friends who are doing Atkins/low carb

Options
Hi!
I'm a 45 y/o F from PA. I am TOTALLY carb sensitive and looking for a group to share recipes, tips and support with. Low carbing is the only thing that works for me. My goal is to lose 40 lbs to look and feel healthy again! Please add me! :)

Replies

• Kmywalker3
    Kmywalker3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    42 from MD and trying low carb too! We can be low carb buddies!
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the PSMF Diet with medical supervision. It's a high protein, low carb and fat short term diet. If you like, we can be buddies!
  • idalor8a
    idalor8a Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hello, I'm doing low carb again. Did Atkins a few weeks past and lost weight. Unfortunately, I listened to my husband who kept telling me I was doing something wrong with all the fattening food I was eating and I stopped and went low fat, just to gain some back. So here I go again! I would love some support from people who actually understand the science. :-)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Join the Low Carber Daily MFP group. Thousands of low carbers there. :)http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am going to try the Atkins starting today, Luckily my husband is on board and so we are going to do this together. My husband has had great success in the past. I am 51 and have gained 15 pounds in the last several years and have not been able to lose. I work out several times a week but I need to change my eating habits, to much snacking and carbs.
  • litterbitt
    litterbitt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started Atkins also about 2 days ago. I'd love to share food ideas and chat
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    For those of you just starting, don't forget to increase sodium up to 3000-5000mg per day (about 2 tsp salt). When you cut carbs you will lose electrolytes (and get headaches, nausea, fatigue, and muscle aches) so you need more than normal to replace it. Broth, salted water, salt tablets, salting food well, and keto-aid will all help.

Good luck. :)
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    For those of you just starting, don't forget to increase sodium up to 3000-5000mg per day (about 2 tsp salt). When you cut carbs you will lose electrolytes (and get headaches, nausea, fatigue, and muscle aches) so you need more than normal to replace it. Broth, salted water, salt tablets, salting food well, and keto-aid will all help.

Timely reminder! I just got home from work, feeling sluggish, so I made some bouillon!
  • Suplife79
    Suplife79 Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Me! I'm doing it! Add me!! <3 I'm about 170 right now (my profile pic is me about a week ago) and want to go down to 140!
  • Suplife79
    Options
    doggerland wrote: »
    I'm doing the PSMF Diet with medical supervision. It's a high protein, low carb and fat short term diet. If you like, we can be buddies!

What is PSFM?
  • Suplife79
    Options
    What do you all have your calories at? What about macros? :)
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I do not log anymore, that being said, after years of MFP, I know what a portion size is and approximately how many calories. I eat unprocessed foods, a lot of low carb veggies, olive oil, eggs, butter, cheese, cream, some nuts and small amount of flesh/protein (4-6 oz per day). There is a whole lot of information on the internet on this subject. More than I would care to discuss here. It is not just about weight (although I lost 20 pounds since June), it is about years of hyperinsulinemia (and the MAD diet/food pyramid) screwing up my body and trying to repair it with a LCHF diet.

You should log if you have never paid attention before. It is an eye opener and very much a learning experience. You can adjust your macros gradually and less painfully.
  • sh512266
    sh512266 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Me!! If love it if you guys can add me. Also, if you do, how don't accept? Is it similar to Facebook? I've been on my fitness pal on and off for years butbige never had friends on here lol
  • sh512266
    Options
    I've been experiencing headaches and fatigue for the last few days and I use tons of salt, my sodium intake is well over the daily limit. I felt great for the first two weeks and am now starting to feel sluggish. I don't know if it's because I'm burning too my calories by exercising and not eating them back or if it's just a huge lack of carbs, even though I eat tons of carb filled fruit and veggies! I have my candid limit set at 1200 (I know... Steep) and I am stuffed at the end of the day and can't force anything else in.
  • sh512266
    Options
    doggerland wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Timely reminder! I just got home from work, feeling sluggish, so I made some bouillon!

Just looked and I've eaten 2700mg today, and I have all of those symptoms... But I haven't logged the salt I sprinkle on my boiled eggs (usually 3-4 daily). It's worth trying some broth tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.
  • sitzenhuser
    sitzenhuser Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, been lchf for 9mos now
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Any low carbers, feel free to add me. Been doing low carb on and off for about 3 years now. I do 1200 cals (a bit more if I exercised hard that day) and try to stay around 40 to 50 net carbs a day so not Atkins but still low carb. I do 15% carb, 50% fat and 35% protein. My diary is open to friends so feel free to add me especially if your diary is open too! I love to get ideas from other low carb people!
  • Jenellabella42
    Jenellabella42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keto gal here looking for support and friends!