Logging Zumba

Options
TinaS88
TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
I am about to do zumba for my first time, just curious as to what everyone logs it.. it seems like it would be more then just "dance"...(more calories burned I mean)

Replies

• BughaBear
    BughaBear Posts: 201
    Options
    I put it in as dance cause I havent figured another way to input it if someone does plz share
  • AmyLRussell
    Options
    I have logged it as Latin Dance...and just recently I added it in My Exercise- My Zumba Instructor told me an hour of ZUMBA burns 800-1000 calories depending on how hard you are working. I just put it in as 800 to be safe.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    You can create your own individual exercise and name it "Zumba"--
    I did that and then use an HRM to figure out my calories...before I did that I put it in as aerobic dancing...
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    High impact aerobics! It works out to about 450 calories an hour (for my profile, at least), which is a little below what I‘ve read about Zumba‘s potential for burn, but since youre not dancing the whole hour it probably works out fine.
  • arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i put it as aerobics
  • TinaS88
    Options
    Okay thanks!! I do other dance routines but they are not as intense and I know zumba has to burn more... Not having a HRM really sucks sometimes!!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i put it as 10 calories a minute.
  • Myra73
    Myra73 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have logged it as Latin Dance...and just recently I added it in My Exercise- My Zumba Instructor told me an hour of ZUMBA burns 800-1000 calories depending on how hard you are working. I just put it in as 800 to be safe.

I really need a HRM because I've been logging it as 400, because I heard it was 400-600... It's really hard to say unless you know for your own body for sure. I also heard that once you've been doing it for a while, you don't burn as many calories, so that's another reason I'm at the low end. I've been doing Zumba for 3 years. Off and on..
  • ms_blonde_2008
    Options
    I found this website that I use.
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i created my own, and I LOVE ZUMBA my fav!
  • JohnnyMART
    JohnnyMART Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I googled 'calories burned doing zumba' and found a website.
    It let me put in how much I weigh, and how long the zumba session was and what the intensity was as well.
    I then made my own 'cardio' exercise and logged what that website told me.
    I would share the website, but I don't know if we are supposed to share websites here??? Still new to the message boards...
  • JohnnyMART
    JohnnyMART Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Haha! Yep! That's the one! I now have the answer to my question! Thank you!
  • TinaS88
    Options

That is awesome! Thanks!!