Not losing weight fast enough with diet and exercise

Options
Stingersquad1981
Stingersquad1981 Posts: 21 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Good Morning. I am a male, 35 years old. I am 211 lbs. I currently eat 1500 calories daily and exercise 5 days a week for 1 to 1 1/2 hours combination of weights, running and hiit. My goal is to get to 185 my previous weight. A couple years back I was diagnosed with anxiety and put on medication that made me gain 50 pounds. Long story short I am not losing weight fast enough, and I have been doing this for 2 months now and only lost about 7 pounds. it is very discouraging to try so hard and keep watching calories and macros and not see the weight go anywhere. What am I/could be doing wrong? I would also like to note that I have a desk job.

Replies

• daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking your intake? Do you weigh everything you eat? Do you eat back calories burned from exercise?

Also, you are losing weight, unlike what your thread title says. Just not as fast as you'd like.
  • Stingersquad1981
    Options
    Hey thank you. I have changed the title to reflect the correct question/post. I do weigh everything and no I do not eat back calories.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    8 weeks, 7 pounds lost. Looks totally fine to me. What are you imagining would be "fast enough"?
  • Stingersquad1981
    edited September 2016
    Options
    All,
    Thank you for the replies, I needed that. I got caught up on the numbers and didn't look at it like that, but I was expecting 2 to 3
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I focus on my numbers. Since August 15, when I started keeping track, my calorie deficit has reached -36113.
    I weighed 203.4 lb on August 15. Today I weigh 194.8 lb. My calorie deficit predicts that I should weigh 193.0 lb today, for an error rate of 0.88%. Only once since August 15 have my actual weight and my predicted weight perfectly matched. I see my daily error rate oscillate with high values foretelling an eminent loss and low values indicating an eminent gain. I've learned to recognize that 0.88% is a high value and loss is eminent.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other than 7 pounds in two months is great.

I understand that you'd prefer to lose faster, but other than that, how do you feel? My weight loss has been "slow" as well, but once I upped my exercise, protein, and fiber, I immediately felt better.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Gently saying don't let your anxiety wreck this. 7lbs in 2 months is great . Keep at it and you will achieve your goals!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    8 weeks and 7 Lbs seems about normal...that's pretty close to 1 Lb per week...pretty normal. Weight loss isn't fast.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you're eating enough. I am a female, smaller, eating 1620 a day, and still losing weight. Do you know your BMR?
  • Stingersquad1981
    Options
    I do not know what my BMR is
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

How tall are you?
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

How tall are you?

x2. 1500 sounds really low if that is total consumed calories for the day and not net after exercise. Example a 5'11 35m 211lb who's sedentary should have a TDEE of around 2300-2400cals depending on the sedentary multiplier before any exercise.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options

Calculate it using a calculator on a website that you can Google.
  • Stingersquad1981
    Options
    It is not net, it is all I eat. I am not hungry ever.
  • sandrachis
    sandrachis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I exercise several days a week and watch calories. Gained 4 pounds. Doctor says it's muscle and to keep doing what I am doing. More importantly, if you continue to lose at this rate, you will have no baggy skin. What can go wrong?
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    It's not muscle. It's water retention. But (s)he's right to say keep at it.