New Group Going to start up!

Options
There has been talk about starting a new group up. I thought I would post this topic on the Introduction board to catch members as they sign up. I've been reading and here a couple of weeks and as of this morning I've lost 6 pounds so far. This website is working for me and I'm enjoying it immensely. I am eating great, feel full and have done minimal exercising so far.

If you would like to get in on a new group please post your responses here or send me a private note. Thanks!

Replies

• evajessee
    Options
    There has been talk about starting a new group up. I thought I would post this topic on the Introduction board to catch members as they sign up. I've been reading and here a couple of weeks and as of this morning I've lost 6 pounds so far. This website is working for me and I'm enjoying it immensely. I am eating great, feel full and have done minimal exercising so far.

If you would like to get in on a new group please post your responses here or send me a private note. Thanks!
  • lamykins
    Options
    new group sounds good to me. what would it be?

125964.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm up for a new group also. What would we be?
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I'm all for it and in the same boat.

I have been doing this for 1&1/2 weeks. Last week I lost 3 pounds and even though I normally weigh myself on Sundays, I'm going to the doctor today so i figured I would weigh myself. I lost 2 pounds already this week and I haven't been working out much because I hurt my shoulder!

I think just keeping track of food and starting good habits has helped a lot. And I can definitely lose 1 more pound by Sunday to keep up the 3 pounds a week goal!!!
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Sure what kind of group
  • pford03
    pford03 Posts: 27
    Options
    Count me in! I've been on here about 2 weeks and have already lost about 7 pounds, so I know it's working for me. Making me accountable for what I put in my mouth!!
  • hopeitworks
    Options
    Wow, you guys are really doing great with your weight loss. Six pounds, seven pounds - that's really great. I wish I could say that. I've only lost two pounds in three weeks, but that's ok. Losing two pounds is sure a lot better than gaining two pounds!!!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, what kind of group do you have in mind?
  • evajessee
    Options
    Super! We need to be thinking about some names for the group and then we'll take a vote! The purpose of the group is to set personal weight loss goals that we will motivate, encourage and push each other to meet. We'll check in weekly to update on our progress and share ideas, stories, etc ... about things we are doing that are working or not working and get advice.

We can share recipes, health secrets, and any praise reports or issues we're having. Anyone else that has ideas be sure to share! Your opinions and needs count so let's make sure the group is something vital that we can all use and grow from in a healthy way!
  • hopeitworks
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • jessandace
    Options
    i would love to take part!!
    :bigsmile:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    I'd like to join too :blushing:

I just joined in January and it would be nice to check in with others in the same boat :bigsmile:
  • evajessee
    Options
    Super! I am going to send each one that signed up an email and add them as friends. We need to come up with a group name for ourselves so we can easily locate our group. When and how often do we want to check in and meet up? Anytime or day is super for me. I will post something each day to keep us motivated and I hope that everyone else will drop in and post something of value. It could be your favorite recipe, a tip that's helped you drop weight, a praise report or word of encouragement to the group.

Ok ... now for a group name. Here are some thoughts and be sure to post your ideas too!

Fit for Destiny Team
    The Dream Team
    Fit and Fabulous Team
    High Achievers Team

Ok ... ok. So I know those may be boring and blah! LOL! I'm pulling those out my tail end trying to come up with something! Help me out ya'll.
  • jessandace
    Options
    i kinda like the dream team (reminiscent of the 1992 olympics) lol
  • evajessee
    Options
    I was stretching to get what I came up with ..... lol! I am hoping someone creative comes up with a super name after getting a good laugh at mine! LOL!
  • hopeitworks
    Options
    I like the Dream Team also. After all, isn't it all of our dreams to be thinner and fitter?
  • papydefo
    Options
    count me in too
  • keennash
    Options
    sound great me too
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Sounds like the name is sorted...

I suggest we weigh in once a week. It would probably be best if we all had the same weigh-in day, just so we can encourage each other for the upcoming week. That way even if a couple of us aren't able to weigh ourselves on that particular day that week, the majority of the group has the same start day. This would probably make it easier for checking-in too. Some people with hectic lives might only be able to check in on/near weigh-in day and others like me who aren't working right now, would be able to add feedback/recipes more often.....just some thoughts...we can decide as a whole group. :blushing:
  • Freshandhealthystart
    Options
    What a good idea. I would be also interested. I go to a slimming world club, but cannot make the classes weekly due to my work shift patterns so this would be great for me.