Underweight help pls

Options
2»

Replies

• comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    Oh, I can't stand it when people feel like it's okay to comment on how skinny I am. It's like, "Thanks for the news flash." I have a chronic illness, so I am on a specialized diet. It irritates me even more when people think I should "eat more". I didn't ask for the advice, plus it's worthless anyway. MFP is helping make sure I get all my nutrients in first since I struggle absorbing them, but I am figuring out how implement easy ways to add more calories as well.

Totally agree. I also have a chronic illness. Mfp seems to be helping (though I'm discovering I eat way too much sugar - especially today! ) It's great to talk with people who understand!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    @singingflutelady omg I used to get the "I wish I had Crohn's" garbage also! Ummmm...Be careful what you wish for. I can't even be mean enough to wish it upon my worst enemies!

@comptonelizabeth I have to control my sugar intake as well, even with fruits and honey. Apple season is not helping haha.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    @singingflutelady omg I used to get the "I wish I had Crohn's" garbage also! Ummmm...Be careful what you wish for. I can't even be mean enough to wish it upon my worst enemies!

@comptonelizabeth I have to control my sugar intake as well, even with fruits and honey. Apple season is not helping haha.

Oh I know! It's just that people don't know what it is an compare it to a stomach ache or ibs.

I can't eat most fruit :( I miss fruit sooooo much
  • Hamsibian
    Options

Oh I know! It's just that people don't know what it is an compare it to a stomach ache or ibs.

I can't eat most fruit :( I miss fruit sooooo much

I can't eat most fruit either. I have to cook them or eat some dried. I have to peel the apples and either steam them or make applesauce (I am in a sauce craze now). I really miss strawberries and grapes.
  • comptonelizabeth
    Options
    I have UC and even my consultant once said he wished he had it so he could lose weight!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm, I want cheesecake with my dinner.
  • VividDawn
    VividDawn Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Lately when people say they wish they had my problem (eat all day, whatever I want), I've started saying "You're welcome to take it from me, because I don't want it!"... that usually shuts them up.

I also hate when people try to give me advice in what to eat to get more calories. For one thing, avocados and nuts are too expensive on my little Disability budget (avocados are 79 cents ON SALE... usually a dollar each). And/or I get the "just eat more"... well great, but there's the issue of my stomach only holding so much at a time. Trust me, I've learned my lesson about trying to stuff myself silly...I end up wasting food (and therefore money) by vomiting when I was warned by my body to stop, and I kept going anyway.
  • comptonelizabeth
    Options
    VividDawn wrote: »
    Lately when people say they wish they had my problem (eat all day, whatever I want), I've started saying "You're welcome to take it from me, because I don't want it!"... that usually shuts them up.

I also hate when people try to give me advice in what to eat to get more calories. For one thing, avocados and nuts are too expensive on my little Disability budget (avocados are 79 cents ON SALE... usually a dollar each). And/or I get the "just eat more"... well great, but there's the issue of my stomach only holding so much at a time. Trust me, I've learned my lesson about trying to stuff myself silly...I end up wasting food (and therefore money) by vomiting when I was warned by my body to stop, and I kept going anyway.

Completely agree. I have ibd and cannot tolerate avocados or too many nuts,and yes they're expensive.
    I've been feeling bloated and crampy from eating more (I suspect granary bread is the main culprit) Little and often seems to work best for me.
  • VividDawn
    Options
    We should eat like Hobbits... Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevensies, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, Supper... LOL
  • Hamsibian
    Options
    VividDawn wrote: »
    We should eat like Hobbits... Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevensies, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, Supper... LOL

That would be a dream come true if my stomach could handle that lol!

m3wy63ubhqxt.jpg
  • VividDawn
    Options
    I should totally rename the meals in my food diary to this!

I just woke up from a nap, and gotta go eat...again. Ugh, it seems like that's all I ever do!
  • osdvolii
    osdvolii Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I actually have a meal labeled second Breakfast in my food diary. Though because of my Parkinson's meds my first Breakfast ends up being more of a snack than a meal.

I love the Lord of the rings :)
    143353326 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You'll blow over in the wind if you don't eat something, that's so true. i actually used to eat something even after the meal still didn't get over it. Is eating is what require for gaining weight?