Coffee Addicts Unite

Options
13»

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call myself a coffee addict, I can give it up if I had to, but thankfully I don't have to. I look forward to my morning coffee every time I get up.
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love coffee! Coffee is life! I just bought a french press and my gosh. Where has this been my whole life. The coffee taste so much better. My coffee pot and keurig are collecting dust since i got the press. I've tried to quit coffee once and couldn't it. I've also tried to switch to decaff and eww lol. I usually drink a cup with 2 packs of sweetener (splenda or sweet n low) and 2 tbsp of half n half.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    A standard cup of brewed coffee has more caffeine than a single shot of espresso. The belief that the reverse is true results from espresso having a higher concentration of caffeine, which is offset by the much larger volume overall of a regular cup of coffee.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    ...so anyone in the military ever use a coffee plug?

This is where you take a piece of cloth, add coffee grounds and sugar, wrap tightly and place in between your cheek and gums - like a tobacco plug of pure joy :)
  • KittyVida
    KittyVida Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    To specify:
    I usually have a "cafe con leche." This means espresso that is sweet and light (about 2/3 Vit D milk). And for bread, I would have a "tostada", which is a good amount of pressed Cuban bread with butter.

I have since substituted the cafe con leche with a "cortadito" (half the fl oz made with half espresso/ half milk plus sugar). I've substituted the tostada with a "pan de bono" roll.
    Both are much less of all the negative yet I can still go just as long before eating lunch so it's working. I consume the same amount of pure coffee with less of the additives and far less bread.
  • CirocBda
    CirocBda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just go Keto...........
    Bulletproof Coffee
    2 Cups Coffee
    2 Tbsp. Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
    2 Tbsp. Organic Coconut Oil (or MCT oil)
    1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream (Optional)
    1 tsp. Vanilla Extract (Optional)
    Blender"..............
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Or just drink it black.

And eat the butter plain, just take a bite out of the stick. Much more efficient.
  • luv2shimmy
    luv2shimmy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The day I give up coffee is the day they pry it out of my cold dead fingers. While I love bread, it doesn't really love me at breakfast time - I end up with the shakes by 10 am if I eat just coffee and toast for breakfast. I usually have an egg white omelet with spinach, mushrooms, caramelized onions, or sometimes an egg white omelet with ham and cheese, sometimes asparagus.... it all depends on what I have on hand and what I feel like. The protein keeps me full until lunch and I don't get hangry at 10 am anymore.

But there's still coffee. Hot and black. <3
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Love my morning coffee black, usually iced and a slice of Ezikiel bread with a schmear of peanut butter for a little protein
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Drawoc wrote: »
    And eat the butter plain, just take a bite out of the stick. Much more efficient.

EW. mind you, in tibet i think tea comes with yak butter in it so what do i know [but still, ew :tongue: ]

i'm awed. there's no way i'd be able to face straight butter first thing in the morning, wow.

• Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Drawoc wrote: »

EW. mind you, in tibet i think tea comes with yak butter in it so what do i know [but still, ew :tongue: ]

i'm awed. there's no way i'd be able to face straight butter first thing in the morning, wow.

Hey, don't knock it 'till you try it.

I won't say anything else about it though, cause I've never tried it :p
  • lovebirb
    lovebirb Posts: 52 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Coffee addict here, in remission. Stepped down to Tea in March with no relapse since.. (used to drink 2 pots or more daily
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Black coffee & protein pancakes.
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Coffee and carbs for me too!
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about those Miami roots!! I'm Cuban, but I don't know how to make Cuban coffee (yet). My grandmother is the one who makes the coffee. She bought me an espresso maker that I'm still not really able to get to froth and be as good as hers, but maybe one day I'll learn *sigh*

I make American coffee every morning, though. I have about 4 cups and then I'm done. I've learned to like it with one half-and-half individual cup and Splenda with each cup of coffee. It probably comes out to about 80 calories a day. For me, it's totally worth it. I don't need it to wake up, but I enjoy the hell out of it.

Been trying to have more tea in the evenings - it helps curb my urge to snack.
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Practicing coffee addict here. ☕️