Struggling so much :(

Options
Hey, I'm a 21 year old female, about 135 pounds. Earlier this year I lost about a stone and got down to ~118 by restricting calories very strictly (usually averaging around 750-1000 calories a day). I was really miserable during this time and really just wasn't in a good place at all.

Anyway, I ended up breaking the diet back at Easter and just binged a lot and gained all of it back. I haven't been able to get back on track since. I find it really hard to stick to a plan to lose the stone again in a moderate healthy way this time, which just makes me feel even worse and more ashamed.

I guess just hoping for some support or advice from you guys. I know you must all be sick to death of this type of post, but thought I didn't have much to lose by giving it a go.

Thanks!

Replies

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I think you were miserable because you weren't eating enough.

The average joe needs at least 1200 calories a day. What does MFP set you at?

Nothing to be ashamed of.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • no_alarms_no_surprises
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    How tall are you?

5 foot 6
  • no_alarms_no_surprises
    Options
    I think you were miserable because you weren't eating enough.

The average joe needs at least 1200 calories a day. What does MFP set you at?

Nothing to be ashamed of.

Yeah, I do too. I guess I'm a little bit scared of going back to feeling like that when I start restricting again.

To lose a pound a week MFP sets me at 1230 calories a day. So I guess I'm going to aim for that. I'm also going to try to take up running, so that should buy me some more calories some days.
  • no_alarms_no_surprises
    Options
    Radish0 wrote: »
    You need to figure out how to eat so you can eat that way the rest of your life. What you did will never work.

I guess because I didn't restrict any specific types of foods I felt like I was doing that at the time. But looking back obviously going to extremes and not learning how to eat moderate healthy quantities wasn't sustainable at all.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm set at 1280. Feel free to add me or take a look at my diary for ideas. It took me a while to just find the right foods to stay full and feel satisfied. Also, lots of water to drink in between meals.

I'm 5'-0" with around 60 pounds to lose and set as sedentary (I sit at a desk almost all day).

ETA: Take my weekends with a grain of salt. I'm pretty strict Monday through Friday and I sometimes go over 100-200 on the weekends.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 calories and 15 pounds to lose. For the third time. Hang in there. We all slip. Keep tweaking what you do so that it works for you. This time around I'm going to have one meal a week where I don't count calories. I'll put in 1000 cal quick add or something. I also felt deprived once I reached my goal and couldn't maintain.