5 months, 100 pounds.

Options

Replies

• cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Amazing ! Great job! I know it feels good doesn't it?!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome! Well done, so inspirational!!!
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    Wow that is amazing! 100lbs in five months! Insane! Keep up the awesome work.

Your kitten is absolutely adorable as well! =3
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    A big congrats! You look great. And you make me feel like a slacker. LOL

Take care of yourself. It's a life long journey.
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!
  • tenomyls
    tenomyls Posts: 23
    Options
    You look wonderful!! You should be very proud!!
    CONGRATS!
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    WOW! WTG!
  • amandanzgirl
    amandanzgirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Look at you go Jess! So excited for you! Congrats hun.
  • Marazene
    Marazene Posts: 97
    Options
    awesome job!!!!:bigsmile:
  • MaryRose84
    MaryRose84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    AMAZED!
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing! You look great.
    What an inspiration (:
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    congrats! you should be soooo proud of your progress!
  • AmyLRussell
    Options
    Great Job!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    WOW 100 lbs in 5 months is awesome, you look great. I cant wait to see your goal pic. I know you will get there
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    You look great...you are an inspiration for those of us who have alot of weight to lose!!!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • sugiepop
    sugiepop Posts: 4
    Options
    You look fantastic! You are such an inspiration!!
  • kariannk
    kariannk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    wow thats awesome. i'm trying to lose around that as well . if you don't mind sharing how much exercising were and are you doing? and how many calories do you eat a day? thanks
  • luv2shop2011
    luv2shop2011 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WOW way to go....that is so inspiring. Keep up the hard work and you will get there!
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Eee - thank y'all for being so nice.
    wow thats awesome. i'm trying to lose around that as well . if you don't mind sharing how much exercising were and are you doing? and how many calories do you eat a day? thanks

I started this whole weight loss shebang when I had to get surgery for some pretty unpleasant intestinal ulcers that I'd had for a while. I had to lose at least 10kg before they would operate and they put me on Optifast for two weeks so I was on an 800-ish calorie diet. Then afterwards I recovered quickly, but couldn't eat normally for a while and had to stay on Optifast for another two weeks and even after that, not eat too much. I think I lost around 17 kilograms just in the weeks around that surgery. I figured it would be dumb to just maintain that weight or gain it back. Nowadays I generally try to get in about 1200 - 1400 calories a day.

As far as exercise goes, I started out light. I did 10-15 minutes on the treadmill twice a day, or took my dogs for a short walk, at least five days a week. Nowadays I mix it up with pilates, toning/strengthening DVDs, a much longer time on the treadmill or long walks at least five times a week. It almost makes me glad I live on a hill, because walking back up that sucker makes my butt cheeks ache - and my thighs get smaller! I also just get out and do things I never used to do, on top of the usual exercise. I walk to the supermarket for groceries, cook for myself, shop, etc.

This whole ~exercise and good eating~ thing is not even hard or foreign to me now. I would never have imagined it.

Ugh, I type way too much.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!