NO RESULTS? 2 years training

Options
I've been training nonstop for 2 years and only been seeing minimum results.
I go to the gym 6 times a week and do 3 sets of 10 reps for bench press and also do 3 sets of 10 bicep curls. Do I have to take roids to get a decent body?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 6 times a week and do 3 sets of 10 reps for bench press and also do 3 sets of 10 bicep curls. Do I have to take roids to get a decent body?

Whether homemade or one that is already established, your program needs to have you progress (add weight and/or reps and/or sets.) It also should include your whole body, not just your chest, delts, and arms. A full body program 3x/wk would be a good starting point.

Nutrition will also play a huge factor. You didn't state where you are weight-wise so I can't make a suggestion as to whether you should eat more or less or the same but getting that right will make a difference.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options

You didn't mention what your goal was? Are you trying to gain muscle, lose weight or a combination of the two? First of all, no amount of training is going to correct for bad eating habits. Get your eating on point and directed to the goals you're trying to achieve. If you're trying to lose weight, eat at a deficit but be aware that you will likely not gain much muscle, if any. For the most part, you will likely lose some muscle in a deficit. If you're trying to gain lean muscle, it's very difficult to do for someone that has been lifting for 2 years straight if you're not eating at a surplus. Eat at a surplus, use a progressive strength training routine that encompasses all of your muscle groups at a moderate level of intensity and you will see results. If you want to do a body recomp (not lose overall weight but reshape your body) eat at or close to maintenance and do the progressive weight training program. You're not going to see much results just doing 3 sets of 10 reps of the same exercise over and over again with no significant increase in weight lifted. Why are you doing just bench press and bicep curls?
  • jemhh
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @jemhh
    I just want big arms and a big chest

Why?

Could you post a picture or two of the look you are aiming for?
  • butterbuns123
    butterbuns123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @jemhh

Ryan is that you!? Haha. But in actuality you really can't. Gotta train everything to get your body really working on muscle building. Also get a program.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    You need a program. If you want to see gains you will also have to eat at surplus. And don't skip leg day.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I got nothing
  • jemhh
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I thought that was possible but figured I'd answer in case it was real. I'm sure there are people who only know bench press and bicep curls so that's all they do.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Please go look at Mike Matthews book bigger, leaner, stronger. He also has www.muscleforlife.com. This is really a typical example and what I did for many years. I just didn't understand diet and lifting that made any difference. The last year and a half has been an amazing change.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    If the profile info is accurate OP is an 18 year old male. Sounds like he needs some education regarding lifting and nutrition.

OP, do you have a gym you can join? Find a credible coach or personal trainer and start educating yourself on proper full-body training and nutrition.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    @jemhh

synthol
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »
    @jemhh

synthol

GOTTA CONFUSE THE FDA C'MON
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Your training protocol sucks the big one...that's your problem.