ate junk all weekend and slept through my workout this morning

Options
so this weekend I stayed within my calorie limits but I ate all crap i don't even know why i just really wanted to eat everything in sight and massive quantities and then i just could not get up this morning for my workout does any body else ever have this problem>

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    It must have been something in the air this weekend - I too ate a whole bunch of junk and just couldnt get full - ended up over my calories, and had to give myself a shake and a stern talking to this morning. However, this is a rare event for me, and in 11 months, it has probably only happened twice. I just seem to lose focus for a bit, but I am quick to buckle down because I know if I let it get away from me, I can easily eat thousands of calories that would defeat weeks worth of sticking to my budget, and that would mean gaining back some of the 110 pounds I have lost since October 2015. I aint gonna do that. Goal is within reach.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yep. But I don't workout
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I've never had junk food interfere with my ability to get my workout in...seems very excusish...
  • mcdonagk
    mcdonagk Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we all need to let our hair down, just don't make it a habit. I have planned weekend of eating and drinking whatever the hell I want in two weeks time. Can't wait.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Can you still get the workout in today? If not, just get a good night's sleep and get back at it tomorrow.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    so this weekend I stayed within my calorie limits but I ate all crap i don't even know why i just really wanted to eat everything in sight and massive quantities and then i just could not get up this morning for my workout does any body else ever have this problem>

I drank Thursday night, Friday night and Sunday night. Ate moderately healthy within my limits and met protein goals, but the drinking threw me over for calories, plus I didn't eat anything on Saturday. Skipped the gym Saturday due to being sick and Sunday (because football, YAY!) but guess what? I'm not being hard on myself. Just pick up the slack. Get right back on track with eating properly and sneak a work out in, even if it's difficult. I was supposed to go this AM, slept through my alarm, and am currently prepping to go to the gym after work for 2-hours (cardio to run off the alcohol calories and heavy leg day!) Looking forward to going home and relaxing after that, even though I don't really feel like going, just gotta push through and make it happen.
  • chellebelle272
    chellebelle272 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    not saying junk food is why i couldn't seem to get up at 5 am im just simply saying i couldn't get up
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Get up tomorrow....
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Shake it off and just start on the healthy trend again tomorrow. It happens. I ate some apple cider doughnuts this weekend, and had some wine that probably put me over my calories, but it happens. We are allowed to still have fun. :)
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Get up tomorrow....

Exactly! Pat yourself on the back for staying within calorie limits and move on.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    We all have those weeks. You're not alone. Get up and get back at it!
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Sounds dreamy.

That said-- it happens. And it's cool as long as you stay consistent on the productive side. Give yourself a hug and realize the day isn't over yet...
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

That's me every month and I'm STILL dumbfounded when it happens, it's like I'm a bottomless pit. When I'm out of control like that, I try to house the healthier options first (maybe they'll fill me) and just accept that it's going to happen. It's something my body craves beyond my control. Some days I simply don't feel like working out, I have to be honest with myself before I decide to stay in bed - am I being lazy or will the whole process of getting up and out there really make me miserable?
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Im glad to hear others having the same issues as me! I took my family on vacation to the mountains and ate way too much junk. So I didnt get a workout in either, although we did go whitewater rafting and horseback riding. I also drank some alcohol which i usually dont do. I ate alot of ice cream also. I didnt eat as much as i thought i would've given that the others are big eaters. But i am hitting the gym later tonight even though i am very tired from my weekend of traveling. I plan on doing a good bit of cardio and burn some calories.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    "fall down seven times. get up eight."
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    not saying junk food is why i couldn't seem to get up at 5 am im just simply saying i couldn't get up

Maybe it was the reason. I think sometimes it can make you feel sluggish. I wouldn't write it off as just making excuses. I think everyone's body reacts to junk food in different ways.

One day I had way too much sugar and I felt like I was having a melt down. I ate some protein and shortly I was thinking more clearly and felt more settled.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Just keep moving forward and good luck! :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, we just need some extra sleep. And emotionally satisfying food. Move on.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Well, there tomorrows work out right? Not sure I really understand the issue now that you said you just could not get up and not blaming the day of eating you did.

Move on its a really small bump in life..

PS I will always make my workout, it might not be a pretty workout and I might even turn around and leave, but I make it.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm like this during ovulation and my TOM. Some months I can control it better than others. Last week was a fail, lol, but it's over and today is a new day. I'm well within my calorie goal as normal, will be hitting up a spin class tonight, and I already have a plan for dinner and a post-dinner snack tonight.

Junk food has never made me not want to work out. Cramps have made me not want to work out, but never junk food. But then again, I don't really classify anything as junk.