WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DJ: The dog is adorable. What kind is it? I love my dog, but I want this one, too! :heart:

Lisa: I'm glad you and Corey are confident with your plans and have your goals nailed down. I hope for your sister's DH to be healed. :flowerforyou;

Marcelyn & Barbie: I hope that both of your surgeries are completely successful and that you have excellent & swift recoveries. :star:

JanetR: It seems like you have a great opportunity to spend some time in SE Missouri before making any permanent decisions. You can scope out neighborhoods, meet people, and see how well you like it there from the security of your cozy RV. It gives you a great opportunity to be there before you make permanent decisions. You'll know when the decision point comes. Perhaps it will be a decision to rent for a while or perhaps you'll fall in love with the community. Good luck. :heart:

Charleen: We put a ceramic tile floor in our kitchen in our previous home. It was a relatively easy task. Bolstered by our success, we decided to put an oak parquet floor in an upstairs loft. It was VERY DIFFICULT for us because the oak tiles were slip-slidy on the glue. We'd add a tile and push the whole row out of alignment. DH finally nailed a plank onto the plywood under layer and pushed everything up against it. Once that dried we were good to go. We've had our outdoor deck replaced in this home, but haven't tackled any interior floors so far other than to have someone refinish our oak floors. They need it again. :ohwell:

Yoga today! I always look forward to it. :bigsmile: I knit a baby afghan for the new little one and have found a box to ship it in. I will be sending it ahead to keep my luggage as minimal as possible for my trip. One carry-on is the goal. I don't know whether that is remotely realistic, but I plan to give it a try. I've got the reservations all done so there is nothing much to worry about other than DD's health. Right now things are going okay.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn, I'm sorry I missed that yours was today, as well. Thinking about you.

Listening to audit reports in Commissioners Court may be the most mind-numbing thing I've ever reported on. Wish they'd get to the point.

Later, guys...
    Lisa
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Janetr- i'm so sorry to hear about how the meds are affecting you. I hope the doctor can address them so that you can get back to being healthy and energetic again. I can understand how you would want to move to be closer to your DMnL. (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    JanetR - just a thought, don't take it seriously if y'all had already discussed. Why commit to another house and a move at this time, when you're both stressed? You're traveling in an RV, I think... why not just park that in a long-term parking space, which many very nice RV parks have, and pay month-to-month until y'all can think about it for a while. Why add stress of moving right now? If I've misunderstood, I'm sorry... Just hang in there, kid, thinking about you and the rash and the meds, and DH's family.

Lisa in WTx
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Janet, hugs as you and your DH make the tough decisions. I would, like others have suggested, consider living out of the RV. It's hard when a parent lives out of state and needs constant care. When Dave's mother was in the end stage of her life, he "moved" to Minnesota for six weeks, living in one of those cheap motels that you rent by the week that had a kitchenette and sitting room area in addition to a bedroom and bath. We were fortunate, first of all, because he was retired and did not have to take family and medical leave, and secondly, that we could afford for him to do this while I stayed back in Georgia, worked, and kept the home fires burning. It was not ideal, but it worked for the time they needed.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Janet's: can you do a temp move, seems a lot for maybe a short time. Sorry to say, I'm going through some of the same stuff. Mom only 6 miles from our home, hard to see her this way. She used to be very social,loving, smart fun to be around, not anymore. Love her to death but a challenge. Gayle ❤️
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Lisa-LOL! Your story of sitting through a boring audit report meeting made me laugh. My DH is a former accountant (he has been working in IT for the past 20 years, though). When he gets started talking numbers, whether it is our budget, the nation's budget/deficit, or even computer-y stuff; my eyes glaze over. I see his lips moving and hear "Wah-wa-wa-wa-wahh." Like the grown ups in Peanuts cartoons. I do not envy you, that part of the job. I.just.can't.listen. to.it.....
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy mon.
    prayers and hugs to those who need them
    jane
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    RE ~ Love your new outfit. :) It looks great on you. I know exactly how you feel about getting ready to go on vacation. I used to clean the house and mow the lawn so that when we returned everything would look great. Now, I don't worry. We haven't been anywhere in over a year so it's about time for us to do a little bit of "away from home" time. :'(
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!
    Been looking at Street View and don't like the sea front of the area we thought we liked. It's just industry. We will have to shift a few blocks East towards Hove. Prices shoot up! A lot depends on what the valuation of our house is. Fingers crossed. We don't mind adding a bit, but the government takes around $37,000 off us in tax, just for moving house! :sad:

Some of my decorations have arrived for the christening cake. The crawling baby is sweet. The silver plated money box has also arrived, which we had engraved. <3

Love Heather UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    RE: You look wonderful in the new fall outfit. Congratulations on all your success! :heart:
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Re, I love the outfit! You look terrific and the colors are lovely! Congrats on your loss for the week!

Mary, thanks very much for your response on calories. I can't (or won't) do keto diets. Tried and the headaches were awful. Plus, I like fruit way too much to take it out of my diet. When I was in my 20s I could eat modestly during the week and eat what I wanted on weekends and lose weight. Alas, those days are long gone!

KarenE
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Rere cutie outfit
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Re - You have worked so very hard and your efforts are paying off. :flowerforyou: Relish the feeling!

Katla - Glad you have booked your flight. All will be well.

My DSIL says she might be able to meet me tomorrow in Southampton before the theatre. :D Nice one! I have yoga in the morning and then a flu jab before I get on the train.

At the shopping mall today, when DH was out of sight, I went and got some more euros from the change booth. I want to have a spare stash for taxis in Spain when he is feeling in economy mode. I will just produce them out of my bag like a conjuror! :laugh:
    I had a savings account mature this week so I decided I would spend the few hundreds extra on making life easy for myself. That way he can't argue. ;):o

Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Re- cute outfit! You look great!

Karen E- that happens sometimes. Everyone's body is different.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Re~ awesome outfit...
    just home from work.. assisted part of the day,and scanned the rest , and of course Mary was her usual busy self, walking around chatting, doing anything other than work... ticks me right off... Oh well..
    tomorrow is another day..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Re soo cute!

Gayle understand. Just visited my mom who turned 98. She no longer recognizes me. Hard!

:heart: Margaret