IN.FORM ?

Options
I am starting this 13 week group that uses this product and eating plan called IN. FORM. It is healthy but no grains allowed ( I hate low carbing, I feel it is a short terms solution ), however it allows form several servings of meat, 1 egg, 6 servings of veggies and 1 fruit per day, and 5 tbsp of healthy oils along with some of their brand of Pea protein Powder smoothies. I joined the group mainly for accountability and support which this group is full of! I have some friends who did it last time and did pretty well ( lost between 15-20 lbs in 13 weeks) . Does this sound healthy to cut out all grains like this? They say it is resetting the body's metabolism but I feel anytime you cut it carbs of course you lose faster. The calorie level is around 1500. Anyone heard of this program? Anyone think it sounds good or bad?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It sounds neither good nor bad. I am sure the diet is fine. What is your maintenance number on calories? That is what will tell you if 1500 is too many or too few.

It's definitely not necessary and I'm hoping it didn't cost anything. Overpriced and unnecessary is what puts a diet in the "bad" category for me.

It won't reset your metabolism or anything like that. That's just woo stuff to get people to sign up for it.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I am starting this 13 week group that uses this product and eating plan called IN. FORM. It is healthy but no grains allowed ( I hate low carbing, I feel it is a short terms solution ), however it allows form several servings of meat, 1 egg, 6 servings of veggies and 1 fruit per day, and 5 tbsp of healthy oils along with some of their brand of Pea protein Powder smoothies. I joined the group mainly for accountability and support which this group is full of! I have some friends who did it last time and did pretty well ( lost between 15-20 lbs in 13 weeks) . Does this sound healthy to cut out all grains like this? They say it is resetting the body's metabolism but I feel anytime you cut it carbs of course you lose faster. The calorie level is around 1500. Anyone heard of this program? Anyone think it sounds good or bad?

That's like 600 calories worth of oil at around 120 calories a tablespoon. Hopefully you meant teaspoon, otherwise over a third of your 1500 allotted calories are going to oil.
  • laralosingit42
    laralosingit42 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sorry what it says is 5 servings of fats, not sure what a serving is
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I just looked this up... It costs $549 to become "certified" as a "coach". But that's okay because it teaches you to become a "leader"
  • Hornsby
    Options
    OP, you didn't pay 549.00 did you?
  • laralosingit42
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    It sounds neither good nor bad. I am sure the diet is fine. What is your maintenance number on calories? That is what will tell you if 1500 is too many or too few.

It's definitely not necessary and I'm hoping it didn't cost anything. Overpriced and unnecessary is what puts a diet in the "bad" category for me.

It won't reset your metabolism or anything like that. That's just woo stuff to get people to sign up for it.

I just signed up for face to face accountability and weekly weight ins and group support which I really need. The 13 weeks with the bag of protein was only $150. The group meets once per week and you get weighed and learn about more weight loss tips and also talk to other people . It is a lot more personable than weight watchers who I cannot stand their point system.
    I like to exercise and just have always struggled without carbs ( sorry I like bread!). I need to calculate if what my maintenance weight would be. I do not eat junk anyway, I eat clean 80% of the time. Not sure about "pea" protein either???? I am used to whey.

• laralosingit42
    Options
    OP, you didn't pay 549.00 did you?

heck no! I would never become a coach of something like this. I just like the woman who runs it. She is an herbalist over other things with essential oils and fun stuff like that. I just need accountability and thought it would be good to be part of a group with a goal "in person and not on the internet". I might just follow my own plan which is usually macros of 40-30-30 for me to feel my best to workout. It is not like they are with me all day to know if I am using their shakes and eating on their plan. I will probably just sell the protein on ebay as it is vegan and i am not interested in it but somebody else may be.
    She is an herbalist over other things that have really helped me (like sleep, stress, stuff like that) so decided to do it but after i got the materials I was like ....uh...this looks okay but I would get so bored of that diet i would probably end up binging on tons of bread or something. I love to eat healthy but not sure why we have to cut out grains unless your celiac or have a true allergy. I already eat Ezekial bread anyway, and stay to whole grains always. To me this sort of looks like a "low carb, so you will lose a lot of weight fast...but the minute you eat a cracker you will pile it back on". Am i right or wrong? there are lots of veggies though and that is good!!!!
  • laralosingit42
    Options
    Next time send me $150 and I will send you some protein and have Skype meetings with you for accountability :)

I don't like pea protein. I prefer whey. Just swap out the pea protein for whey and sell the pea protein to a vegan who uses it?

ETA: Not soliciting for business. It was a sarcastic comment...

HAHAHAHA, I need somebody who will personally weigh and measure me. I am terrible with my own accountability and being part of a local group makes me competitive. I am sure if I stick around 1500 calories and exercise, i can still eat grains and lose. Right?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you hate low carbing why would you follow a 13 week low carb programme
  • laralosingit42
    Options
    btw, they do not talk much about exercise in this group, so i think it is more diet focused,....which i know 80% of WL is diet. but if i dont work out i am mental...need it!!!
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Yea, it's low carb so the fat loss will be water weight loss as well. That's generally the schtick of diets you have to pay for up front. To the layperson, they lose water weight and think they are successful cause they don't know any better.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I just looked up the eating plan, and it seems like it includes 3 servings in the "whole grains & potatoes" category. Are you sure your group leader is giving you the diet associated with the program, and not a "tweak"? I'm wondering if she cut out the grains as part of her background as a herbalist/holistic practitioner because grains are considered by some to be inflammatory.
  • laralosingit42
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I just looked up the eating plan, and it seems like it includes 3 servings in the "whole grains & potatoes" category. Are you sure your group leader is giving you the diet associated with the program, and not a "tweak"? I'm wondering if she cut out the grains as part of her background as a herbalist/holistic practitioner because grains are considered by some to be inflammatory.

I asked her about grains and potatoes and she said no. So guess she is tweaking it. Weird . She keeps telling me with my blood type I need to eat vegetarian and not jog but do yoga. I hate yoga and love meat so go figure ! Lol! Nothing against yoga or vegetarians at all but I know what I like ( I just need to eat less of it). She has been great for other issues with her herbs and stuff though but I guess I cannot follow all the advice from one person. Can I ask where you found the info about the diet. I cannot find any reviews about it online.
    I guess she is going with the whole acid:ph food thing which can be true to a point but sort an older trend I think ?
  • laralosingit42
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

As I said above, I want to be part of the group for all the accountability I truly need. I don't want to go to weight watchers as I am not a fan and there are not many outlets for local weight loss groups here. We all set a goal and try to reach it and you win things. I get motivated by this sort of thing!

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

I asked her about grains and potatoes and she said no. So guess she is tweaking it. Weird . She keeps telling me with my blood type I need to eat vegetarian and not jog but do yoga. I hate yoga and love meat so go figure ! Lol! Nothing against yoga or vegetarians at all but I know what I like ( I just need to eat less of it). She has been great for other issues with her herbs and stuff though but I guess I cannot follow all the advice from one person. Can I ask where you found the info about the diet. I cannot find any reviews about it online.
    I guess she is going with the whole acid:ph food thing which can be true to a point but sort an older trend I think ?

I googled "in.form diet" and got this as the "essential foods meal plan:" https://www.naturessunshine.com/content/us/misc/WeightMgmt_EssentialFoodMealPlan.pdf

It seems to be the same company as the products and I'm guessing this is what she is working from. Honestly, if you don't want to cut out grains and do yoga, then don't those things. If you like the idea of the accountability group and this is how you want to spend your money, then use this an opportunity to get what you need to get you on track, and ignore the parts that are not helpful to you.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

As I said above, I want to be part of the group for all the accountability I truly need. I don't want to go to weight watchers as I am not a fan and there are not many outlets for local weight loss groups here. We all set a goal and try to reach it and you win things. I get motivated by this sort of thing!

OK so can you follow your own eating plan without the woo and just go along for the motivation part?
  • laralosingit42
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    No, run away from the "you need to eat X for you blood type". It is complete nonsense.

Honestly, I would ask for refund.

yes she did give me a lecture about my blood type and referenced that book that was written about it. If i followed that book i would eat everything i hated and exercise the way i do not like. I feel like it has always been completely nonsense. As i said, she is an actual certified herbalist for 20 years now. She is more into herbs/oils which have helped me but I do question the "eat right for your blood type" as I think it sort of makes sense but sort of think it is quacky too.
    I am sure if your running a weight loss group with people who know nothing about fitness or weight loss basics the plan may be a good one. It sounds like i can have grains but she is tweaking it, so not bad then.
    I mainly posted this to see if anyone had heard of this IN.FORM program and if so, what they thought of it. She is not pushing the blood type eating thing in this class thank goodness as if that was the case I would be running fast.