Work stress

Options
How do you guys handle work stress ?

Replies

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym. Worst case scenario? Quit.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Get up, go outside and take a walk is my most common method of dealing with it. I am very, very fortunate in that my husband and I work at the same company, and he will walk with me as I blow off stress and vent to him. It makes it a lot easier when I can spill my frustrations to someone that I trust 100% completely.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    How do you guys handle work stress ?
    138shades wrote: »
    Drink. But not at work.

Ed Zachary.

• chrislise
    chrislise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I binge watch my favorite shows!
  • dg_after_dark
    dg_after_dark Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ride bike. Every day. Have to to keep sane.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Drinking after work, lots of drinking
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Honestly? At the moment...cry. I just cry. Every day. Today was the first I DIDN't cry in a long time.

I handle it day by day. Staying organized and getting enough sleep are two things that help. I TRY to keep my diet in check but I struggle. I do go to the gym, but lately I've just been crying at the gym and not able to get through workouts well. Still, I keep my schedule and do not skip.

And wine.
  • dg_after_dark
    dg_after_dark Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Honestly? At the moment...cry. I just cry. Every day. Today was the first I DIDN't cry in a long time.

I handle it day by day. Staying organized and getting enough sleep are two things that help. I TRY to keep my diet in check but I struggle. I do go to the gym, but lately I've just been crying at the gym and not able to get through workouts well. Still, I keep my schedule and do not skip.

And wine.

Whats going on with your job that makes you do that? :(
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ensure I take a walk on my lunch break ...I workout after work ...helps clear my mind and sleep better too
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

And wine.

I work at a failing charter school in the inner city with severe behavior problems. I had to evacuate my room this morning, first period, not 15 minutes into the day, because it was unsafe due to one student's behavior. And it's Monday.
  • Connieluvsfitness
    Options

And wine.

I work at a failing charter school in the inner city with severe behavior problems. I had to evacuate my room this morning, first period, not 15 minutes into the day, because it was unsafe due to one student's behavior. And it's Monday.

God bless you
  • Connieluvsfitness
    Options
    I go to the gym too but .... I'm trying also find more activities ....,
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    Human Slaughter works.
  • hueritahsarinana
    hueritahsarinana Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    yeah it dooes @JeffreyMGiron
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I've definitely started taking advantage of my breaks I rarely use to get out of the office and clear my head, breath in some fresh air and get a good walk in. Ear buds in my ears listening to some good music while I'm at my desk. A nice bottle of wine once I'm home is always appreciated too!
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Work out, take breaks, talk to people in the office not about work related stuff. People will smile and chat, makes me realize work is just work, doesn't make me who I am.