Ladies on a 1800 cutting diet?

Hi, Any of you ladies on a 1800 cal plan and losing weight successfully?

It's working for me splendidly! Far better than 1200, 1300, 1500, 1600, 1700. <<< i have tried all of these.

Since I have implemented 1800 daily calories, I have lost 1 lb per week consistently and I haven't exercised for over a month!

I am 5'5. How tall are you?

PS - Add me, I'd love to share and get inspiration from other peoples diaries as well as provide/receive motivation.

Thanks

Replies

• selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    edited September 2016
    That is not how any of this works :D

How does it work then?

EDIT - Just picked up on your sarcasm. Of course I am eating too much :p AND I am finally happy and not obsessing over food.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member

Just to explain... I am not saying you can't be losing at 1800...I'm saying you can't be losing more than at 1200-1700...
  • selina884
    edited September 2016

Just to explain... I am not saying you can't be losing at 1800...I'm saying you can't be losing more than at 1200-1700...

I see.
    Fair enough. I don't see as black/white.

Im not here to argue or prove that what I see/experienced is right/wrong.

I just found what works and I am happy.

• malioumba
    malioumba Posts: 132 Member
    Ignore the people who will criticize you for saying you can't lose less at "1,300"
    =)
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    selina884 wrote: »

then I must be an anomaly because it works (for me)

You truly must be because it involves breaking laws of physics. It is same as saying you are spending more money out of your paycheck but manage to save up more at the end of month :)

I'm happy you are losing weight...and that you are happy. But you should also understand that what you are saying can't be correct. You might think you are eating more now (started logging food better? weighing food better? dropped some water weight recently?)...
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    malioumba wrote: »
    Ignore the people who will criticize you for saying you can't lose less at "1,300"
    =)

If this is meant for me... I didn't say she can't be losing at 1800 - I know many that do...and even more than than. However what I did say is that she can't be losing more at 1800 than with smaller intake.
  • selina884

then I must be an anomaly because it works (for me)

You truly must be because it involves breaking laws of physics. It is same as saying you are spending more money out of your paycheck but manage to save up more at the end of month :)

I'm happy you are losing weight...and that you are happy. But you should also understand that what you are saying can't be correct. You might think you are eating more now (started logging food better? weighing food better? dropped some water weight recently?)...

What have I said?

• selina884
    =)

This was a positive thread calling out people who are not afraid to have a slightly higher calorie intake for weight loss.

I don't know what happened? lol
  • selina884
    =)

If this is meant for me... I didn't say she can't be losing at 1800 - I know many that do...and even more than than. However what I did say is that she can't be losing more at 1800 than with smaller intake.

Whats your calorie intake, how tall are you and whats your activity level?
  • mushyfi
    mushyfi Posts: 1 Member
    As my nutritionist said, You shouldn't eat as little as you can to lose weight. You should eat as much as you can as long as you are still losing / maintaining (depending on personal goal) weight. If you can maintain losing 1lb a week at 1800, and then that's what you should do. If you lose 1lb a week on 2000, then you should eat 2000.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I lost most of my weight eating 1500-1800 calories ..but I did it to purposefully slow down my weight loss and move into maintenance more easily

I think it's a nice comfortable number for me ..I only did 1200 for the first few weeks until I learned from the forum how it all worked, even though I already thought I knew ...turned out I was wrong

then again I maintain at 2200-2400 generally so it's still a decent cut from my TDEE

(I'm 5'8 btw)
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    edited September 2016
    =)

I'm 5'2, 125 lbs...at my goal weight and was doing maintenance for a while and now considering losing a couple vanity lbs. My maintenance is about 1700-2000 depending on the day so 'cutting' would be 250 less. Don't see how that is relevant.
  • selina884
    mushyfi wrote: »
    As my nutritionist said, You shouldn't eat as little as you can to lose weight. You should eat as much as you can as long as you are still losing / maintaining (depending on personal goal) weight. If you can maintain losing 1lb a week at 1800, and then that's what you should do. If you lose 1lb a week on 2000, then you should eat 2000.

Agreed and it's better psychologically and emotionally.
    I was constantly hungry on low cal diets, obsessed over food and just couldn't concentrate!

How about yourself? Whats your height and calorie intake?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Although height is less relevant than weight TBH ...so I went from 215, was around 190 (ish) when I started increasing, from knowledge not because lower calories weren't working..and I maintain at 160 because I'm at my desired soft but strong body aesthetic
  • selina884
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    I lost most of my weight eating 1500-1800 calories ..but I did it to purposefully slow down my weight loss and move into maintenance more easily

I think it's a nice comfortable number for me ..I only did 1200 for the first few weeks until I learned from the forum how it all worked, even though I already thought I knew ...turned out I was wrong

then again I maintain at 2200-2400 generally so it's still a decent cut from my TDEE

(I'm 5'8 btw)

I dont have alot to lose (about 12lbs) but I was looking for quick results on low cal diets which made me suffer in other ways (re-above) but now that I am on 1800, it doesnt feel like a diet anymore so a loss of 1lb a week is a bonus.

I find that I am not desperate to hit my 1800 allowance either whereas 1200 was difficult to adhere to. So was 1600 actually. All mental games eh.
  • selina884
    =)

I'm 5'2, 125 lbs...at my goal weight and was doing maintenance for a while and now considering losing a couple vanity lbs. My maintenance is about 1700-2000 depending on the day so 'cutting' would be 250 less. Don't see how that is relevant.

It's relevant to the thread as I am calling out for people on high cal diets and you are coming in here trying to ruin my thread with your lectures.