Recovering from Bulimia and looking for new friends

Options
Journeythroughmysoul
Journeythroughmysoul Posts: 10 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Rachel.
This past 14 years I've struggled with bulimia.
I still have slip ups here and there
but I believe full recovery is possible.
Binge eating is another struggle of mine but that to can be overcome.

I took a three month break from MFP.
I had been counting my calories since 2012. I thought I was able do this on my own but was wrong. And that's ok. We all need a positive push in life.

So if you are on the same journey please send me a friend request and we can get through this together one day at a time. God bless and hope to here from some amazing people soon.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel :)
    I am in ED recovery whilst trying to lose around 7 pounds. This means I have to tread very, very carefully. I'm not sure of your goals but I assure you full recovery is entirely possible and you most certainly CAN do it. I found MFP useful in helping me THINK healthily - I learned that restricting isn't the answer which was a huge win for me.
  • CarbonIS
    CarbonIS Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you both and keep healthy thoughts! The goal, as I've learned, is understanding health takes hard work and patience. Stave off the immediate gratification with positive reinforcement from others and belief in yourself! You got this!
  • kristenmeleniak
    kristenmeleniak Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be friends! Without saying too much, I understand the ed struggle! Hope you're doing well, let's get healthy :)
  • BexTheSquirrel
    BexTheSquirrel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be friends as well. The ED struggle is something I also understand. Healthy living is totally possible and I have every faith that you can do it!
  • Kati9408
    Kati9408 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My name is Rachel.

I had been counting my calories since 2012. I thought I was able do this on my own but was wrong. And that's ok. We all need a positive push in life.

So if you are on the same journey please send me a friend request and we can get through this together one day at a time. God bless and hope to here from some amazing people soon.

Hi, I know your struggle. I used to be bulimic for so many years,taking antidepressants, starving, taking pills etc. But one and a half years ago I found a great group of people that Igo running with on organized 5k. Then I started to focus more on my physical performance and being more healthy and just happy not that much on being skinny I also stopped smoking. I think that you need to change your perception of food not as a reward but as fuel that keeps you healthy. Also try to stay away from negative ppl. :)
  • jadorade91
    jadorade91 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel, I added you! I also understand the struggle. I'm finally at a much more balanced mindset and have been able to lessen my binges using MFP and the support it provides. Message me anytime if you need a motivation/accountability buddy! :)
  • jadorade91
    jadorade91 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Kati9408 wrote: »
    My name is Rachel.

Hi, I know your struggle. I used to be bulimic for so many years,taking antidepressants, starving, taking pills etc. But one and a half years ago I found a great group of people that Igo running with on organized 5k. Then I started to focus more on my physical performance and being more healthy and just happy not that much on being skinny I also stopped smoking. I think that you need to change your perception of food not as a reward but as fuel that keeps you healthy. Also try to stay away from negative ppl. :)

Yesss--staying positive and seeing food as fuel rather than as a guilt thing are two fantastic pieces of advice!! :)
  • jahillegas_51
    jahillegas_51 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel! I can totally be your friend, although my personal eating disorder was not as bad as the one you have described I certainly understand the mentality the occurs inside. If I can help you in any fashion please let me know!
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I know you're pain. I still struggle sometimes but for the most part I don't engage in any disordered habits anymore. I do use my diary to vent though. I'm an honest person and sometimes I just need to let stuff out rather then bottle it up. If you think that can help you then by all means add me. If you find people talking about ED's triggering then maybe my news feed won't help you. But either way I hope you find your health and happiness!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm a mostly recovered anorexic binge/ purge subtype. I started at 10 and am now 40. I went through inpatient, day hospital and outpatient treatment. Still struggling with body dysmorphia and stinking thinking but mostly OK.
  • kellywenham8
    kellywenham8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi rachel and everyone! I'm on the recovery journey too. I've found some really useful info recently that's really helped and changed things for me.one being ' brain over binge' it has helped far more than years in therapy! Other books and videos too have changed things massively for me. And I'm now training as a life coach to help people in this area specifically. If anyone wants any free help, message me. I'd love to help as I've been on this journey a long time :-)
    K x