• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    sw33tp3a_1 wrote: »
    I texted someone yesterday. I reached out they didn't bother to reply back so I guess I got ignored. Oh well

Maybe his phone got cutoff maybe he's gotten into a wreck maybe he's in the hospital maybe he's in court, jail at a funeral.... I dunno I'm trying to give dude the benefit of a doubt

I've heard of stranger things lol. One guy said, through his "father", that he was in the special forces and was becoming a ghost. He had actually claimed to have been retired from the military before and working in the UK but then the story changed, his name changed... How do you spell "catfish"?

Or maybe he became a spy duh!

Oh, no he already was, or was he an engineer? Or, oh wait the story just kept changing lol.

Isn't it obvious? Girls love mysterious guys that why he's being mysterious

It's true...

<---- they like spies too

Oh, that's what Archer is! :lol:

can't slip anything by you

I've only watched the show a few times because I don't have TV but I love it!

How did you watch it without a TV?

I have friends...I swear it!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    I texted someone yesterday. I reached out they didn't bother to reply back so I guess I got ignored. Oh well

Maybe his phone got cutoff maybe he's gotten into a wreck maybe he's in the hospital maybe he's in court, jail at a funeral.... I dunno I'm trying to give dude the benefit of a doubt

I've heard of stranger things lol. One guy said, through his "father", that he was in the special forces and was becoming a ghost. He had actually claimed to have been retired from the military before and working in the UK but then the story changed, his name changed... How do you spell "catfish"?

Oh, no he already was, or was he an engineer? Or, oh wait the story just kept changing lol.

It's true...

netflix...computer...no excuses

I'll have to check but I don't know if Netflix Canada has it.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

It's true...

How did you watch it without a TV?

I have friends...I swear it!

What's that? I only have enemies you know spy stuff

But do they text you first?
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    It bothers you that he doesn't initiate contact or doesn't respond in what you deem an appropriate amount of time. It's hard to accept sometimes, but each person has their own life with their own rules, just as you do. You may not be being ignored, it could be he has things going on that he feels has to put his energy into first. You mentioned priorities, we all have them and not everything/everyone can be top.

If his M.O. is to not contact you unless you initiate, why would you expect him to be there for you when you "reach out"? Does that make sense?
  • grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Turn and run. If he suddenly gets interested keep running. He has had his chance.
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    elianecnas wrote: »
    If "that" person don't text you volunteering and only text you back when you text...there is [any] chance you are being remembered? Or does it mean you're being ignored??

I'll translate for those confused:

If a person you're attracted to doesn't text you voluntarily, and only replies when you initiate a conversation with a text, is there any chance this person is interested in you, and thinking about you? Or, is this person not interested?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    In my personal experience, he isn't interested and isn't thinking about you. When he does reply when you initiate its just because he is being polite. Sorry if that sounds mean but life isn't always bubblegum and roses.

Agreed. It's really not rocket science. Women, in particular (rarely a man) try to justify or even make excuses for why a man doesn't call or text her. Men are really not that complicated. If they wanted you, they would reach out. That's basically it, in a nutshell. No need to overthink.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    In my personal experience, he isn't interested and isn't thinking about you. When he does reply when you initiate its just because he is being polite. Sorry if that sounds mean but life isn't always bubblegum and roses.

Agreed. It's really not rocket science. Women, in particular (rarely a man) try to justify or even make excuses for why a man doesn't call or text her. Men are really not that complicated. If they wanted you, they would reach out. That's basically it, in a nutshell. No need to overthink.

He's Not That Into You should be required reading lol.

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

He's Not That Into You should be required reading lol.

It's a good movie. lol
  • elianecnas
    elianecnas Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Yeah and maybe that's why I keep on thinking of him [by the way I stopped txting already]...when they are hard to reach we girls want them even more "ouch" for us
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    [Takin notes]

He's just not into me.
  • elianecnas
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    It bothers you that he doesn't initiate contact or doesn't respond in what you deem an appropriate amount of time. It's hard to accept sometimes, but each person has their own life with their own rules, just as you do. You may not be being ignored, it could be he has things going on that he feels has to put his energy into first. You mentioned priorities, we all have them and not everything/everyone can be top.

If his M.O. is to not contact you unless you initiate, why would you expect him to be there for you when you "reach out"? Does that make sense?

Yeah....actually last week I didn't call ot text for 3 days..then when I mistakenly [and yes it was def a mistake touch screen fault I swear] I called and abruptly cancelled it when I noticed but it was too late... he got back as soon as he saw it..apologizing for missing my call and explained why he didn't pick up the phone...I meant I never even asked..but I accepted the apology and we talked a lot..but it bothers me that I always have to initiate it...so I once again stopped it ...and even though it's killing me..this time I am NOT gonna reach him again...I have my values too.
  • elianecnas
    Options
    Turn and run. If he suddenly gets interested keep running. He has had his chance.

As my brother keeps sayibg to me "he is not the last cookie of the jar" please show him that once and for all!!!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Yeah....actually last week I didn't call ot text for 3 days..then when I mistakenly [and yes it was def a mistake touch screen fault I swear] I called and abruptly cancelled it when I noticed but it was too late... he got back as soon as he saw it..apologizing for missing my call and explained why he didn't pick up the phone...I meant I never even asked..but I accepted the apology and we talked a lot..but it bothers me that I always have to initiate it...so I once again stopped it ...and even though it's killing me..this time I am NOT gonna reach him again...I have my values too.

If you enjoy talking to him and vice versa why stop for initiation sake?

In my post above I explained how he probably responds to her to be polite. She may feel as if she is wasting his time. He's probably too polite to tell her. Perhaps she doesnt want to feel like she is bothering him every time she talks to him. Thats no fun now is it?

Overthinking it... He responded as soon as he saw the missed call, talked a lot seems to me they enjoy talking to each other

Which indicates to me that he has others he is also talking to but wants to keep her on the line. No contact for three days? Did you miss that part? If he doesn't think of her enough in 72 hours to at least say "hi" then he isn't thinking about her unless she initiates, which means she isn't a priority.
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited September 2016
    Options

If you enjoy talking to him and vice versa why stop for initiation sake?

In my post above I explained how he probably responds to her to be polite. She may feel as if she is wasting his time. He's probably too polite to tell her. Perhaps she doesnt want to feel like she is bothering him every time she talks to him. Thats no fun now is it?

Overthinking it... He responded as soon as he saw the missed call, talked a lot seems to me they enjoy talking to each other

Which indicates to me that he has others he is also talking to but wants to keep her on the line. No contact for three days? Did you miss that part? If he doesn't think of her enough in 72 hours to at least say "hi" then he isn't thinking about her unless she initiates, which means she isn't a priority.

You might be right he may be talking to somebody else I'm assuming they're both single so they're free to date, talk to anyone but my point is whether she text/call first or not and they both enjoy it what's the harm?

Me thinks the gentleman doth protest too much. ;) My experience here is that there is a big open secret about who does what to whom in MFP land. There are a lot of cheating spouses/SOs running around and not only that most people who are on KIK etc tend to be talking to several people at once. This isn't news for anyone who's been around MFP for awhile, especially in this neck of the woods. As long as both people are being honest about their relationship I don't think it's a problem.

The issue is that the OP has expressed clearly that she isn't actually enjoying this the way it is and seems to be looking to let go. Playing with other people's emotions by leading them on, whether online or in person, isn't something I could ever support.