I lost a person????

Options
Sometimes, Im so very hard on myself for tettering with these last 20-30lbs that I want to lose (they seem the hardest) that I truly forget the journey Ive taken. I beat myself up day in and day out about all the flaws that I see, they seem more visible to me now than when I was larger for some reason. Today...My friend GorillaNJ helped me remember where Ive come from in his simple post about carrying a 10lb backpack, It made me remember days at the gym actually in tears...I mean literally crying while working out, because it was so hard and I wanted to push myself for the success of losing the weight, what happened to that drive? Although my intensity may have waivered...I know the longevity of my success will last a life time, I will not give up, I will keep pushing because this is my lifes journey, this is my health and no one else has to live in this body but me.
I dont know how I lived for years carrying 126 extra pounds on my back....Every single day, carrying my boss or my son and one of his buddies, a small table, a whole entire person!! ALL ON MY BACK.........wow!
I know now that If i could do that I can do ANYTHING!! Include pushing myself past what I think my limitations are to rid myself of these lingering (pounds) reminders of the me I used to be. I want to become the BEST me that I can be.
And with that said I will rejoice in my accomplishment thus far, and push harder for the success that I finally know I derserve! thank you GorillaNJ for blessing my morning! and thanks all MFP who love on me everyday and hold me accountable!!
I love you guys man! **TEAR**

Replies

• Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Sure needed to read this this morning!!! Thank you for reminding me to stop beating myself up about where I'm not at and realize just how far I'm come to this point.

This is the reason I love ya!!!! xo
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    awesome success! n you look amazing btw! keep on pushin mama! u got this!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Thanks MrsC! You are awesome and all of your success surely helps inspire me to keep pushing myself! now I am going to find an 80lb bag of rocks and take it for a walk at lunch today. LOL
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    fantastic post!! thanks for sharing.
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    Thanks MrsC! You are awesome and all of your success surely helps inspire me to keep pushing myself! now I am going to find an 80lb bag of rocks and take it for a walk at lunch today. LOL
    LOL!!!
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    Sure needed to read this this morning!!! Thank you for reminding me to stop beating myself up about where I'm not at and realize just how far I'm come to this point.

This is the reason I love ya!!!! xo
    You are one of THE best!
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow did I need to hear this!!! I am the same way, but that was inspiring!!! Thanks
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    My weight is 125 pounds....so you lost me ;)

You are doing an incredible job, A very very hard job. If it was easy everyone would be healthy.

Love
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    you have done so well and i'm proud oyou. The other day i looked thru your pics and saw a before pic and was like who is that, took me a min to realize it was you. In my opinion youre fine where you are now, you are an inspiration
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I, too, am working to lose a person (which is exactly how I've thought of this journey from the beginning). Thanks so much for sharing your story ... SO inspiring to see someone who's already done it. Give me time, and I'll get there too. :)
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible. It's amazing what you can see when you step back for a moment and actually LOOK! We're all rooting for you, honey!
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What a great start to a Monday. You've done such an amazing job and WOW! In my opinion, you can do ANYTHING!! I sit humbled at your success and grateful that you've shared. And let me tell you! You look GREAT! Wonderful job!
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    you have done so well and i'm proud oyou. The other day i looked thru your pics and saw a before pic and was like who is that, took me a min to realize it was you. In my opinion youre fine where you are now, you are an inspiration
    Mr Awesomeness..............AWWWWW I knew you were sensitive! MUAH! thanks luv luv luv!
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    I, too, am working to lose a person (which is exactly how I've thought of this journey from the beginning). Thanks so much for sharing your story ... SO inspiring to see someone who's already done it. Give me time, and I'll get there too. :)
    Yes ma'am you sure will!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Every word of what you say is true: you've had an incredible journey so far - be proud of what you've achieved and enjoy the final leg rather than beating yourself up.
  • Shawneea
    Shawneea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keep it up... You look truly amazing!
  • mssweetjay
    mssweetjay Posts: 142
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! It was very inspirational!!!! You are doing your thang! Congrats and high five to ya!!
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    My weight is 125 pounds....so you lost me ;)

You are doing an incredible job, A very very hard job. If it was easy everyone would be healthy.

Love
    So your the one who's been riding me all those years LOL!
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! It was very inspirational!!!! You are doing your thang! Congrats and high five to ya!!
    **Slaps a Hi Five**
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Awwww honey, what a great post. We often have to remind ourselves about the things we have got and remain grateful and and thankful in the present, NOW. NOW you have lost that whole person you were carrying. NOW you have the knowledge and ability to walk forward with your head held high!! NOW you are HEALTHY and look AMAZING!!!

Sure you want to lose another 20 - 30 lbs, so do I!! But dont let that burden you, or drag you down. Live your life and rest assured that we are going to have a party while we continue this journey.

Love ya, you're beautiful :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!