Feels like I've hit a plateau

Options
So I weighed in a few weeks ago and I was the same weight as the previous month; I know I did eat kinda unhealthy a few times but I'm going to the gym and working out 2-3 times a week... I think I've lost the patience and I just want this weight to drop!! Anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You can't just want the weight to come off! Measure and track your food intake and make sure you are eating less than you burn. Use the food diary and calories that MFP recommends for you to lose weight.
  • themakeupbelle
    themakeupbelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @CorneliusPhoton I do! Sometimes I fall of the wagon but I try my best to keep track !!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    @CorneliusPhoton I do! Sometimes I fall of the wagon but I try my best to keep track !!

Sometimes falling off the wagon can be enough to keep you out of your deficit each day/week.

Diligence and PATIENCE are two attributes that will carry you all the way to sucess. Stay the course do not give up, and be honest about all of your food consumption that you eat and what is put on the diary.

Give it some time.. you will get the hang of it.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

And this is your answer.

Make tracking and sticking to it part of your routine.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    We might be able to help more if you open up your food diary, but it all comes down to how much you eat. Maybe you can add a little more exercise to your routine like walking for 30 minutes per day. I walk so that it's not such a big deal if I go over my calories.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    also:

qc26ijfpkypx.jpg
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    The flow chart above is quite a good guide. The fact that you haven't gained weight is a huge plus, right? :)
    Don't worry - Unhealthy days happen. They just do. Keep up the great gym work, tighten up the logging here and there and keep at it. You'll get there.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    After a month or so it's enough to know that you are eating at maintenance

Hence you need to tighten up on your presumed logging and eat at a defecit
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    It's not a plateau if you "did eat kinda unhealthy a few times"...
  • mappeal67
    mappeal67 Posts: 28 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's really disheartening when this happens.
    You feel like you're making all this effort and it results in nothing!

This has happened to me on and off over the last 8 months. What can I tell you, that you don't already know? Sometimes it's a miscalculation on food intake, sometimes it's ToM, sometimes there's no rhyme or reason to it.

Sometimes it's taken me time to get re-motivated, but in all honesty I'm damned if I'm going to give up on my goal weight after 'depriving' myself for so long.
    The weight is coming off. slowly. but it is going in the right direction - down - albeit with the odd hiccough.

Please don't give up. I know you can do this. Just get back to tracking accurately for a week & see what happens.