Someone prepearing for a race ?

Options
Someone preparing for any race soon and where ? :)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    October 26 Day of the Tread metric century...it's not a "race" though, just a fun charity ride and it's right around Halloween so everyone gets dressed up for the ride. My actual racing season has come to a close unless I decide I want to do some cyclocross...but I'm just coming off of a neck injury and not sure how I'll hold up to that.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm always preparing for a race. My running schedule is built around the "next" one even if that's 6 months away.

I have quite a few races that I'd like to run this Autumn but am actually registered for a 5K cross country run through a pumpkin farm/corn maze on Oct 9th, a 10K through an Air Force boneyard on Oct 30th, the RNR Savannah half marathon in November (which I can't actually run because now I won't be in Savannah then!) and the RNR Arizona half marathon in January. We'll see what else I register for...
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    A Marathon on Sunday. Then a half in December.

This year I've done a half in March, had to back off from a marathon following injury. Two 10Ks and a Half over one weekend in May, a Marathon in June, Half in mid September and then an Ultra a week later at the end of September.

Next season I've got 4 marathons and two ultras already booked, with another marathon to book. I'll probably add a couple of 10Ks and possibly a couple of half marathons to the season as well.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    October 29th 10 miler, March 2017 HM..

Are you preparing for one? What distance?
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've recently decided to run a marathon about a year from now. So I'll start training for that eventually.

I'm always racing though. I just did a half marathon on Sunday. October holds a 5k, a Tough Mudder, a Spartan Super, and a Spartan Beast.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    First 10k in 3-4 weeks.
    Already booked for another 10k next year. Hoping to do triathlon and a half marathon next year too.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've recently decided to run a marathon about a year from now. So I'll start training for that eventually.

I'm always racing though. I just did a half marathon on Sunday. October holds a 5k, a Tough Mudder, a Spartan Super, and a Spartan Beast.

Imnotworthy.jpg

Ha! Thanks, I'm prepared to be perpetually exhausted.
  • yung_spectre
    yung_spectre Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Getting ready for the Spartan Beast in SC next month.
  • Kati9408
    Kati9408 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome, how do you prepare ? I am preparing for Sofia marathon, last year was my first marathon 3:54 but I hope this year it will be better.
  • Kati9408
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I'm always preparing for a race. My running schedule is built around the "next" one even if that's 6 months away.

I have quite a few races that I'd like to run this Autumn but am actually registered for a 5K cross country run through a pumpkin farm/corn maze on Oct 9th, a 10K through an Air Force boneyard on Oct 30th, the RNR Savannah half marathon in November (which I can't actually run because now I won't be in Savannah then!) and the RNR Arizona half marathon in January. We'll see what else I register for...

Wow that is great, hope you have great time
  • Kati9408
    Options
    A Marathon on Sunday. Then a half in December.

This year I've done a half in March, had to back off from a marathon following injury. Two 10Ks and a Half over one weekend in May, a Marathon in June, Half in mid September and then an Ultra a week later at the end of September.

Next season I've got 4 marathons and two ultras already booked, with another marathon to book. I'll probably add a couple of 10Ks and possibly a couple of half marathons to the season as well.

I want to go to ultra but first I need to increase my mileage.
  • Kati9408
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    October 29th 10 miler, March 2017 HM..

Are you preparing for one? What distance?

Yes, Sofia marathon (42 km) but I don't have a lot of time for long runs so I try to compensate with faster short runs.
  • aashwill
    aashwill Posts: 64 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    A half-marathon in June. This year I ran it in 1:33:24. I've since started seriously weight training and have gained ~25lbs (from ~205lbs when I did the race) and have been running a lot less. In the next few months after I improve my lifts and body composition I am going to start cutting and running more. I will be training to break 1:30 next year.

There is a local mud run a few weeks afterwards. This year I surprised myself and took second, but the first place finisher was ~3 minutes ahead of me. Next year I intend to win.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    I've got a collection of Audax/Randonneuring events coming up over the next 6 weeks ... long, long distance cycling. They're not races but they are timed events.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I've got a collection of Audax/Randonneuring events coming up over the next 6 weeks ... long, long distance cycling. They're not races but they are timed events.

Yup here as well: some nice 200 km events, great for a day's cycling. Playing the long game though, because I'm training for ultra events in 2017 already.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    first race ever is a half marathon next weekend. I have found that the training has helped my running quite a bit instead of just going for my normal loop now I have quite a few more running courses that challenge me for hills, distance, and a horrible combo of the 2 of those.
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm training to run my 1st 5k in 25 years in mid-January. I used to be a decent runner with a time of 20 and change for the distance. Now at 60 I'm starting from scratch with the C25k app. Hoping to be able to finish the race running!
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Love reading about everyone's races coming up or that you are training for! That's awesome!

I am racing a half-marathon in Sacramento, CA this Sunday...the Urban Cow Half-Marathon! Super excited to race again as my last race was May 2015. I ran a half-marathon as part of my training plan for a full marathon, and sadly got injured and was sidelined for 6 months. It's all good, though, as I discovered mountain biking during my layoff from running and also dropped 25 extra pounds. I've had a great training cycle since returning to running in January of this year and I feel pretty good going into the race this weekend.

Good luck to everyone with your races!
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm excited to try my first 10K trail race in November. It's just off the Appalachian trail in PA so I expect it to be really rocky. I know I can finish it running with a respectable time, but I have to work on my hill climbing