Chub-rub anyone?

Options
First let me ask, what do your thighs measure each? I have a lovely glob of fat right up top that I really hope goes away at some point! My thighs are 24 1/2 " around each. And skirts are out unless I powder up to prevent raw skin from the chub-rub.

I know that it isn't possible to spot reduce, but do exercises for the inner thigh help this chub-rub situation at all? Speak on your own personal experience here please. Did you measure your thighs at all? At what point did your thighs stop rubbing when you walk?

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My thighs will always rub no matter what my weight is. It's just the way my shape is. I think the last time I measured my thighs they were 24".

No, inner thigh exercises wont help. Invest in some Body Glide and rock some skirts.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I've always had large thighs, working out and increasing squat weight over the past year has significantly reduced the fat on my legs (recomposed the shape, not such a noticable "glob" on my inner thigh) but my legs are thicker than before. When I sit, they no longer "mush" since they are solid muscle. I suggest squats, squat variations, leg press, etc. The "inner thigh work outs" don't really work on reducing the fat, you just have to work hard and create a solid block of muscle - it can moderately change the shape of your legs and help reduce chub rub. Until then, keep powdering.

P.S.

Thighs are cool! Don't get rid of 'em. They show your strength.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    I've always had large thighs, working out and increasing squat weight over the past year has significantly reduced the fat on my legs (recomposed the shape, not such a noticable "glob" on my inner thigh) but my legs are thicker than before. When I sit, they no longer "mush" since they are solid muscle. I suggest squats, squat variations, leg press, etc. The "inner thigh work outs" don't really work on reducing the fat, you just have to work hard and create a solid block of muscle - it can moderately change the shape of your legs and help reduce chub rub. Until then, keep powdering.

P.S.

Thighs are cool! Don't get rid of 'em. They show your strength.

This is good - I'm a dude but I've always had bigger thighs - they are still big but stopped rubbing once I shifted the bulk to more muscle.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i don't know my measurements off hand but i second body glide and also bandelettes which are one of the best inventions ever imo.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I certainly don't want "skinny" thighs" for sure. I like having a little meat on my bones. Even at my thinnest of 125 lbs I had no where near a thigh gap and I still had a bit of the thighs grazing each other which was fine. I just hate the constant powdering to prevent a massive raw and burning area.
    I have never heard of this "Body glide" before. The way y'all mention it maybe I should google and see what it is! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I suggest Bandaletted. My thighs have always rubbed, even when I weighed 100 lbs. After years of running and heavy lifting, they still rub. It's a shape thing.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    internal rotation of the femurs seems to make it more likely, for me. my thighs are always going to be the same size, but the times when i'm doing more clamshells and bridges etc do seem to make them less snuggly with one another.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am what most people would call skinny. Most of my extra weight is in the stomach area.. I have still have thigh chub rub and have at my skinniest. Body glide, tight shorts under skirts, and long shorts in general.