Not doing well

Been tracking my food for 35 days and I am not doing well. Lose a few then gain more. Having trouble staying on focus. Triglycerides are high too. I need some friendly motivation and support.

Replies

• YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    I've been doing this since the beginning of August. I've only lost 7 lbs. I lose, then I gain. I lose, then I gain. But guess what? I'm not stressing over this. I really am looking at this as a long term process, a new way of life. It may take me some time to lose what I put on, and that's ok with me.

You can do this! Give it some time. As long as you stay in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Just think about the long term benefits, and the short terms doesn't seem bad.
  • KristinHR01
    KristinHR01 Posts: 51 Member
    How many calories a day is your goal? Age, height, weight? How much do you exercise? What kind of exercise do you do?
  • jwaggoner486
    jwaggoner486 Posts: 13 Member
    Keep going! Ask MFP friends for support.

I couldn't see any clear trends within a month. I'd lose and gain. It was only once I had a couple months of MFP that the 5-7lb range I fluctuated within looked like a trend line. I would get really mad weighing myself once a week, so I started doing it every day. Eventually I trained myself not to let fluctuations +/- 5lbs get to me.my weight chart is a mountain range, not a line. But it is slowly going down!

I also hired a really good nutritionist and a personal trainer to help me learn new techniques, to get started.
  • theIronDad
    theIronDad Posts: 7 Member
    A couple years ago, I was tracking and I lost about 30 pounds within about a 7 month time span. I was very disciplined. But despite my discipline, the first month, I didn't lose a single pound. By the time month 2 was complete, I had only lost 4 pounds. Months 5 and 6 were huge months where I lost 14 pounds in those 2 months. There were no drastic changes and I was consistent all the way through. So I'm not really sure what was going on. But I'm thinking that maybe my body composition was changing at the beginning so I didn't see much difference in the scale weight. Recently, I've started to track again and I've been at it a month and guess what...not a single pound has been lost. But I'm not worried because I remember what happened the last time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    BLee727 wrote: »
    Been tracking my food for 35 days and I am not doing well. Lose a few then gain more. Having trouble staying on focus. Triglycerides are high too. I need some friendly motivation and support.

Do you weigh everything with scales? Do you exercise? How much water do you drink?
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    From your profile photo, it looks like you do not have a lot of weight to lose. This will play in to it.

The closer to goal you are, the slower weight comes off, and you will see fluctuations.

TavistockToad asked great questions. Weighing food is very important. Once you get used to weighing your food, you will be able to eyeball the food and almost be spot on with the portion sizes. I always love it when I take, say, a piece of chicken, put it on the scale, and it is as close to 3 oz as possible.
  • Hello friend my name is boxergirl and iam here to guide to success we are champions and I believe in you I come long way iam skinny and toned
  • KristinHR01
    KristinHR01 Posts: 51 Member
    I've been doing this since the beginning of August. I've only lost 7 lbs. I lose, then I gain. I lose, then I gain. But guess what? I'm not stressing over this. I really am looking at this as a long term process, a new way of life. It may take me some time to lose what I put on, and that's ok with me.

You can do this! Give it some time. As long as you stay in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Just think about the long term benefits, and the short terms doesn't seem bad.

7 lbs in 2 months is actually AWESOME. Slow and steady wins the health and weight loss race. Good job!