I have 70 Pounds to lose need Motivation and Support

Options
Hey Y'all I'm restarting my weight loss journey and with that I now have 70 pounds to lose and I need all the motivation and support I can get as I work towards this goal that I hope to have met by this time next year. My daily Exercise that I do is Walking 5 or more miles and for almost 2 hours a day and I'm starting to change the way I eat and what I eat and most of all drinking more water and less soda. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other on our goals.

Replies

• rockandrope
    rockandrope Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't eat ANY processed food.
  • rcktgirl05
    rcktgirl05 Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hey there! I'm working on losing 75-80 pounds so I can relate. I started by getting more active but when I finally emotionally committed to MFP and tracking everything I eat, the weight really started coming off. This morning I just hit my 40 pound mark so I'm about halfway there. I agree with post above, I gave up processed food (mostly) and try to eat clean as much as possible. For me when I stop tracking, I start slipping. That's been my key to success. Good luck and feel free to keep in touch!
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat - so feel free to friend me. I'm most successful when I track my food and try to do something active every day. Even if it's deliberately parking on the other side of the lot, mentally I know I did something to help with weight loss.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hey! Well done for getting back on it :) Feel free to add me, I'm happy to help and motivate wherever I can. Best of luck, you can do this!
  • siouxzcue
    siouxzcue Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hiya, dragongrad97! I'm just jumping back in after a year and half of backsliding. I've got 70 to 80 pounds to lose too and I'd LOVE to have some company along the way! Feel free to add me! @rcktgirl05, congrats on losing 40# ! You're half way to your goal! How long did it take to lose to this point?
  • rcktgirl05
    Options
    siouxzcue wrote: »
    Hiya, dragongrad97! I'm just jumping back in after a year and half of backsliding. I've got 70 to 80 pounds to lose too and I'd LOVE to have some company along the way! Feel free to add me! @rcktgirl05, congrats on losing 40# ! You're half way to your goal! How long did it take to lose to this point?

I started getting active in April playing hockey and softball. Then I really cracked down on the food part - healthy and tracking- around mid June. It seems pretty fast to me but I feel like I'm eating plenty and giving myself treats occasionally (which I always log!) If I'm hungry I eat, I try to listen to my body. So really it's been 40 overall but 33 of that since mid June. I have MFP set for 1.5 lbs a week, active. I did do the Nutrisystem jumpstart and that was decent but I hated it and returned everything after that. It was too much work to supplement their tiny packages, I figured I could go with clean eating and save money too.
  • rcktgirl05
    Options
    Plus after losing a bit, I moved to the city where it makes it easier to walk everywhere. I gradually increased my activity so I try to do something every day, even if it's just a long walk.
  • rcktgirl05
    Options
    Another weird thing for me is that I have these wild daily fluctuations, sometimes up to 5 pounds but not uncommon to see 3-4 lb daily ups and downs. The overall trend is down, it's just odd to see such big swings. I'm thinking about weighing myself less and see if that evens it out. I don't know if I can give up my daily relationship with my scale. I'm posting this pic to show everyone here, don't freak out when the scale goes up! You really have to look at the overall trend. 6mvjz3znkei4.png

• ArcticSero
    ArcticSero Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    rcktgirl05 wrote: »
    Another weird thing for me is that I have these wild daily fluctuations, sometimes up to 5 pounds but not uncommon to see 3-4 lb daily ups and downs. The overall trend is down, it's just odd to see such big swings. I'm thinking about weighing myself less and see if that evens it out. I don't know if I can give up my daily relationship with my scale. I'm posting this pic to show everyone here, don't freak out when the scale goes up! You really have to look at the overall trend. 6mvjz3znkei4.png

Honestly this is comforting because I always get discourage when I go up and down a lot. I was at 210 only for my monthly to appear, making me at 215, then I dropped down to 211 but I got so discourage that I wasn't at 210 again that I just kinda stopped... So this is really nice encouragement to see.
  • rcktgirl05
    Options
    ArcticSero wrote: »
    rcktgirl05 wrote: »

Honestly this is comforting because I always get discourage when I go up and down a lot. I was at 210 only for my monthly to appear, making me at 215, then I dropped down to 211 but I got so discourage that I wasn't at 210 again that I just kinda stopped... So this is really nice encouragement to see.

I'm glad it helped! I've been freaked out and obsessive and I'm trying to be a little more forgiving on myself. I'm sticking to my plan even when it doesn't exactly come back down the next day. Sometimes it takes a week or TWO. I realized too that I did not get to this weight overnight, I cannot drop it overnight. Stay the course! Lifestyle change, not crash diet! (Me chanting lol)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    Don't eat ANY processed food.

You can eat processed foods if you want. I lost 62 pounds since last year and I eat processed foods all the time. Walking is also my main form of exercise and I now do some yoga too. Just stick to your mfp calorie goal and you can do this.
  • avchavis
    avchavis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You're off to a great start. Keep up the good work.
  • rcktgirl05
    Options
    Hey friends! I just saw the most amazing and inspiring post over in success stories, I think everyone could benefit from a quick look. This lady managed to explain my whole life struggle with my weight and body issues in one post. It was incredibly inspiring...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10373426/how-making-choices-has-helped-me-lose-over-80-pounds