What's your favorite protein bar?

Options
I've been eating "Think Thin" bars and "Powercrunch", but what is everyone else eating?:smile:

Replies

• stephanieGmo
    Options
    I LIKE LUNA PROTEIN. 170 CAL, FAT 6G, CARB 21G, PROTEIN 12G
  • lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Cliff bars!
  • arklv
    arklv Posts: 1
    Options
    My wife has me eating the Kellogg's Special K Protein Meal Bar - Chocolate Caramel. They taste pretty good and I feel full after I have one, with some water. Calories: 170, Total Fat 4.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Card: 26g, Protein 10g.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I just never found any "health" bar tasty enough to waste calories on when I can eat real food instead...
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I usually only eat them when I'm on the run and have to pack a meal I cannot refrigerate (hiking, boating, travel, etc). Had a couple instances like this over the weekend.

I like Think Thin, Dr's CarbRite bars, and also have a homemade one that uses protein powder as a base.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I like Cliff Cherry Almond. Also Coconut Chocolate Luna! mmm!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I usually only eat them when I'm on the run and have to pack a meal I cannot refrigerate (hiking, boating, travel, etc). Had a couple instances like this over the weekend.

I like Think Thin, Dr's CarbRite bars, and also have a homemade one that uses protein powder as a base.

Do you have the recipe?? I'd love to save some money and make my own!
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    I really like the atkins advantage bars. They are high in protein, low in sugar, carbs, and calories. Great boost after a hard workout and you're in a hurry.
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    I ... have a homemade one that uses protein powder as a base.

Do you have the recipe?? I'd love to save some money and make my own!
    This! :D
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein. Anything that has more carbs than protein should not be called a protein bar! It should be a carb bar!
  • symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've just recently started eating protein bars..so I've tried a few and so far my favs are the marathon bars, and the clif bars, also I'm into the Power Bar bites!
  • freakaleek1
    freakaleek1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love tigers milk bars. Yummy i am going to have to go by me some more now!!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've been skipping the protein bars (just too many cals for my liking), and having an occasional granola bar when I need a boost. I normally get the fruit and nut ones, so they have some protein in them from the nuts.
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein. Anything that has more carbs than protein should not be called a protein bar! It should be a carb bar!

Pure Protien. Really low sugar too. 200 cal per bar, but 19 -20 g protein.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Luna protein
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options

Okay just cuz you are a fellow Beachbody coach and ya know i luv ya for it, :wink: , I will have to respectfully disagree! I bought those bars like 10 for $10 at Schnucks here in Evansville last week. had a couple of them and was like "bleh" yucky compared to my P90X protein bars. But... they do have a ton of protein in them. So you got that part right hunny!
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    I've been eating Pure Protein ones for breakfast for the last few months. It is recommended to have 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up, I usually don't get that high, but I figure any is better than none. Also, Power Crunch bars are good for a snack. They have a little less protein in them than Pure Protein, but they taste SOOO good!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Thinking I will try the Pure Protein bars. I want all that protein but I hate how many carbs and the amount of sugar that are in so many so called "protein" bars. Most bars I don't like the thought of wasting the calories on...and the sugar.....ugh. They can be great on the go though and good for after a workout, hence why I am going to try the Pure Protein bars. Anybody do the Pure Protein shakes?