MFP APP. Any Other Features on Here I Might be Missing Out On?

Options
neldabg
neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Wow. Okay. I just downloaded the MFP app and logging food has gotten MUCH easier. Before, I was only logging on the website, and it was always a hassle searching for "My Foods" since they're not in order on the webpage, and I always had to verify and search again for food items that got bumped from the four pages of my recent foods. On the app, I just type in the name of whatever I want to log, and bam! The previously logged food from beyond the range of those four pages is right there! :D
Just wow. I can't believe that after all my time here on MFP, I'm only now realizing that the app is tons better for logging food.
Am I the only late one to discovering the simplicity of using it?

Also, thanks to @zyxst for mentioning that she downloaded the app in a status update. That sparked my decision to go ahead and download the app myself.

Replies

• saphin
    saphin Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Try the barcode scanner. Very quick and easy. Always check the portion size and nutrient profile with the product label as some entries seem to have errors.
  • neldabg
    Options
    saphin wrote: »
    Try the barcode scanner. Very quick and easy. Always check the portion size and nutrient profile with the product label as some entries seem to have errors.

I just tried it! Amazing! :D
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

double check those entries as well...I scanned a prepackaged meal once and it was logged at a mountain dew...
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    This is funny to me because I've only ever really used the app, so I had a similar feeling when I finally logged into the website.

Ooooh, look at all these reports!

There are some annoying things about the app, particularly with the forums and the inability to view other members' profiles, but I do find it handy for logging food. I find it most useful for logging on the go.
  • neldabg
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

double check those entries as well...I scanned a prepackaged meal once and it was logged at a mountain dew...

Really?! I wonder how that happened?
    This is funny to me because I've only ever really used the app, so I had a similar feeling when I finally logged into the website.

Ooooh, look at all these reports!

There are some annoying things about the app, particularly with the forums and the inability to view other members' profiles, but I do find it handy for logging food. I find it most useful for logging on the go.

Haha. Interesting. The reports here are indeed awesome. I agree; on-the-logging is much better with the app! :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you are looking at your diary on your phone, turn your phone sideways (from "portrait" to "landscape") and the display changes to show your macro breakdown.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options

All the bar code does is indicate a number. While that will usually get the correct product, I am guessing world wide there are going to be products with the same number than a quite different. I have had similar things happen, albeit, very rarely. More often it is the regional differences in products that get me since I am from Canada and many of the product bar codes for foods are the same as their US counterparts, yet, the nutritional information is different in various ways. It is always best to check. I also have had things I ate regularly that the company changed their recipe and it changed the calories in a major way, so even with premade things you have eating for a while, double checking every once in a while is not a bad idea.
  • neldabg
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    If you are looking at your diary on your phone, turn your phone sideways (from "portrait" to "landscape") and the display changes to show your macro breakdown.

Thanks for the tip! :)

All the bar code does is indicate a number. While that will usually get the correct product, I am guessing world wide there are going to be products with the same number than a quite different. I have had similar things happen, albeit, very rarely. More often it is the regional differences in products that get me since I am from Canada and many of the product bar codes for foods are the same as their US counterparts, yet, the nutritional information is different in various ways. It is always best to check. I also have had things I ate regularly that the company changed their recipe and it changed the calories in a major way, so even with premade things you have eating for a while, double checking every once in a while is not a bad idea.

Ahhh. I see. That makes sense.