First month how many pounds lost?

Options

Replies

• kprimaverab
    kprimaverab Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    16 lbs. 90 lbs to lose (74 to go!)
    I eat 1200-1500 calories dependent upon if i exercise.
    Exercise consists of resistance &cardio (level 18 on elliptical, stair machine, weights) and high protein ratio!!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    It was 6 I think. I'm old and short lol. I counted calories and worked out, same as now. cardio and weights both.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    JC, if a person is very large, the weight comes off faster. Some is fat and some is water.
  • pal274
    pal274 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a month for me on MFP. I have lost 13 lbs. Mostly I am just doing walking videos, 15 minutes at a time 2 or 3 x a day. Also trying to stay under the calories allowed. I have gone over a few times. I am just going to try to do the best I can each day.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    3, and 3 the next and the next about 2. I had some days that were lower but that's the trend with the fluctuations smoothed out.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing for the first two months and then it was all one big whoosh after that and I lost 5lb.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    About 2lb
  • VanessaLins90
    VanessaLins90 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    up
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I started exercising intensely at the same time so retained a bunch of water. After that though I was consistent with 5lbs per month until about 8 months in and it's slower (because my deficit has been lower or non-existent).

Oh actually, I lost before I started here properly. I think maybe 4lbs a month for a couple of months. I never got the first month whoosh.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    A little over 4 lbs. I have 30 lbs to lose total. I've been eating at about a 250 calorie deficit, and began exercising more, going up to about 280 avg calories burned by exercise per day.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I lost over 10 pounds my first month, and I've lost 30 pounds in just over 3 months. I use meal replacement protein shakes to keep calories down and get more protein (which makes me less hungry.) I also weigh my food, and I don't usually eat back exercise calories. I assume my weight loss will slow down as I get closer to where I want to be.

The thing about the shakes is that I'll have to keep having shakes for breakfast, and probably at least a good amount of the time for lunch, to keep my calories low enough to keep the weight off. The good news is that I like the shakes so that's easy for me, but if someone didn't like meal replacement shakes, it would not be a good plan for them. They'd gain the weight back after they gave up the shakes. Also, I don't know if it's a good idea to feel like you're suffering when you're on a weight loss plan. I like the shakes and I don't value breakfast and lunch - I don't like eating alone and I really only care about the meal I always eat with my husband and kids - so I don't feel like I'm suffering and I like having those extra calories for dinner. If I felt like I was suffering I wouldn't use shakes, even if it meant I lost more slowly.

(As for brand, I've tried several and I think they're all about the same. If someone is interested, they should go to a big box store because that's probably cheapest, but don't buy much at first because it'll be a waste if you hate them. Costco has them in bulk if you know you like them.)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm going into week four. MFP has me at 9lbs down I think, but there was about a week before I started logging and I was at 256 then. I weighed in at 239.7 this morning. So just shy of 18lbs. I'm certain a lot of that has been water weight and I haven't "dieted" in years so my body was ripe to lose. I was also probably only eating 1100 calories that first week (some whacked out food plan my sister is doing). Now that I've gotten my stuff straight with MFP, I'm eating between 1250 and 1400 calories a day depending on my exercise. I expect soon the dramatic early losses will stabilize and get me closer to my anticipated 2lb per week loss I'm aiming for.
  • pinkste78
    pinkste78 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    still on first month, around ten pounds so far. :)
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm set to lose 2 lb a week, and I've lost 11 lb so far in this first month. This is also with me slingshotting due to binge days (blech)
  • paultireland
    paultireland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Which first month? I've had so many. I have a new "first month" every few months.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I ate at a sensible deficit and lost around 11 pounds in my first month! If I remember correctly, six of those pounds were in the first week alone (Water weight). Remember, your rate of loss will depend on a few factors - your starting weight being one of them as well as the size of your deficit. Your losses will be very unique to you so make sure you don't compare :)
  • Iseulte
    Iseulte Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I lost 6.5 in the first month, just eating at a deficit. I'm really short, so my deficit is smaller than most.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I lost 3.6lbs my first week. Combo of water and actual fat. I ate at a deficit that was meant to help me lose a lb a week and worked out. Nothing crazy or special.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    From 9/24/15 to 10/24/15 I lost 15.5 lbs. I imagine a rather large portion of that was water, so don't apply this exact number to yourself and then get disappointed if you don't get it. Also note at the time I had about 70lbs to lose, and when you're very big, you tend to lose very quickly in the beginning.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Don't recall...that was over four years ago.